SICK VICK..............................boycott NIKE

The latest from THE Richard Pryor... news, events, collector's items and more!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: SICK VICK..............................boycott NIKE

Post by Jennifer »

NFL orders Vick to not report to training camp

By DAVE FORSTER AND JIM WASHINGTON, The Virginian-Pilot
© July 24, 2007

The National Football League's commissioner ordered Michael Vick on Monday not to report to training camp until the league completes its review of Vick's federal indictment.

"While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies," Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote in a letter to the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

Vick will still be paid during training camp. The Falcons' preseason camp will begin Thursday, the same day Vick is scheduled to make his first court appearance in the case in Richmond.

A federal grand jury indicted Vick and three other men last week on a conspiracy charge over an alleged dog fighting venture. Prosecutors say that the men created "Bad Newz Kennels" and ran it out of a rural property in Surry County that Vick purchased in 2001, the year he was drafted into the NFL out of Virginia Tech. The conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Goodell said the review would be completed as quickly as possible and asked the team to withhold any disciplinary measures until the review is completed. The team announced it would hold a news conference today.

The case has prompted an outcry, particularly among animal rights groups, some of whom protested outside the Falcons' headquarters Monday.

The case also has brought a surge in tips about similar activity across Virginia, a lead investigator said Monday.

Richard Samuels, president of the Virginia Animal Fighting Task Force, said he reviewed about a dozen leads on Monday morning alone.

"Normally they kind of trickle in. You're lucky if you get one every four months," Samuels said.

Samuels attributed the flood of new tips to publicity surrounding the sometimes graphic details of the 18-page indictment. The summary alleges that members of Bad Newz Kennels often killed the dogs that lost fights or didn't perform well.

Some were shot, drowned or hanged. One of the defendants doused a losing dog with water after consulting with Vick, and then electrocuted it, the indictment says. Another dog was slammed to the ground, it says.

"I think it's opened the public's eyes to how gruesome this really is," Samuels said.

The tips have come from all over Virginia, and many of them appear to be strong leads, Samuels said. A couple could turn into "major" cases, he said.

Some of the tips are from people who think a neighbor or someone they know is fighting dogs. Warning signs include heavily scarred dogs, a place where many are kept on heavy chains, and a lot of activity in a vacant building or secluded area, Samuels said.

On Monday, about four dozen animal rights advocates, in a protest organized by Norfolk-based People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, demonstrated with their dogs outside the Falcons' headquarters and called again for the team to suspend Vick.

Local authorities began investigating Vick's Surry County property in late April when a search there found more than 50 pit bulls and items associated with dog fighting.

Surry's prosecutor said the county grand jury that meets today will not consider the case. He said the local investigation has been "on hiatus" since federal authorities became involved.

Staff writer Jim Ducibella and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Dave Forster, (757) 222-5563, dave.forster@pilotonline.com

Jim Washington, (757) 446-2536,

jim.washington@pilotonline.com
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

That's similar to Dante's quote: "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral crises, maintain their neutrality."

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO EMMITT SMITH'S FOOISH STATEMENTS IN SPORTS ILLUSTRATED REGARDING SICKO VICKO!
Note to Emmitt Smith: You're right, he's not the only one we're after..........we're also after people like you, Emmitt, who try to minimize the act...and lawmakers who keep it a misdemeanor in their states. 'And that's just "for starters. " The only thing worse than ignorance are the ignorant who think they aren't, and flaunt it, without any semblance of humility, or any desire to learn. Take a hint dude.

"I am confident that the hottest places in hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such cruel and brutal contempt.''
-- West Virginia Sen. Robert Byrd, on those who participate in dogfighting and raise dogs for dogfighting.
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

Jennifer,

FUCK VICK WATCH BASEBALL!
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

well, I think Vick may get it now since he's losing endorsements/$$ left and right, and now won't get paid for being barred from training camp.

I wonder if he'll name names since we obviously know it wasn't just him involved.

on another sad note a jackass locally in Long Island burned a pitt bull alive. the dog is barely surviving and the jackass is now in jail, and his other pitt bull dog was removed from his home.

dog/pet ownership should require more responsibility, but if people can have kids without responsibility lessons I guess more animal responsibility before ownership is a long way off. @.@
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

tamra,

If Vick plays a single game this year I will boycott the NFL. And I'm a big a huge NFL fan but I can't suport dog killing in shape or form. If the NFL lets him play they are dog killers in there own right.

I never liked Vick always thought he was over hyped he can run thats about it. NOW HE'S RUNNING FROM PETA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And he thought the westcoast offense was his worst enemy.

WHAT A FUCKIN CHUMP!

Mike Tyson
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

Jennifer, Nike should have been boycotted a long time ago when they closed their shoe factories in the United States putting Americans out of work and opening their shoe factories in China with child slave labor. It is never to late to boycott Nike, but it will not bring those dead doggies back or give those American facory workers their jobs back. Since Bush started destroying our country, the US has bought 200 billion dollars worth of goods from China and China has not bought anything from the US. If this crap keeps happening China will kill all the dogs and use them to make Chinese food. It would be easier for a nation to protect animals if they took care of their people first without selling them out to make a fast buck.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

smjmcomic,

:lol: LMFAO @ running from PETA. maybe I should start a Vick-PETA trading card to track his new ducking, weaving and bobbing stats :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

tamra,

He pleaded not guilty :lol: :lol: :lol:

He really is dumb as fuckin shit theres so much evidence against him. An example has to be set atleast a year behind bars but you know just aswell as I do he'll get some kind of CHICKEN SHIT BREAK MONEY HAS ON ODD WAY OF KEEPING A MOFO OUT OF PRISON :X

Mike Tyson
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

tamra,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

tamra,
We already have a 'flipper'...this sicko vicko fucked up by pleading not guilty...should have taken a plea...idiot!
@.@ ]:o(