The Military And Their Pets...we can't let this happen!

The latest from THE Richard Pryor... news, events, collector's items and more!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

The Military And Their Pets...we can't let this happen!

Post by Jennifer »

Jennifer,

I know we have heard these stories before, but it is time to remind everyone that there is a nationwide problem with military personnel having to leave their pets behind while they are deployed to Iraq.

[/i]Tucson animal rescuers are scrambling to find homes for nearly two dozen pets once owned by area soldiers - animals who faced imminent death because a tiny shelter at Fort Huachuca was at capacity.

"I don't want soldiers going overseas knowing that their animals are going to die," said Jacque Thompson, of Saving Animals from Euthanasia, a local rescue group that's appealing to the public to adopt or foster the 20 dogs and cats.

Veterinary staff members from the Sierra Vista Army post delivered most of the critters to Tucson late Wednesday, making the 150-mile round trip after work to spare the animals from being put to sleep...

"We don't like to euthanize them if we can help it," Miller said, noting Fort Huachuca often holds such animals for 30 days while trying to find homes for them, even though the official time limit is three days.[/i]

Source: http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/dailystar/103118 - azstarnet.com'

Three days?!?! Here's your marching orders, soldier, want us to shoot your dog now?

People, we gotta make sure all soldiers' pets have good homes to go to. It'd be great if people would foster them and return them to their once their military people return and want them. But at least get them adopted so our troops can know the animals will be OK and live out their days well.

Make sure this isn't a problem facing military personnel in your area. Let them know we'll keep their furry pals safe and a light in the window for their safe reunion.

Damn, just damn...

Trudy