YOU ARE ALL UNINFORMED

The latest from THE Richard Pryor... news, events, collector's items and more!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
ClarkWashington

Re: YOU ARE ALL UNINFORMED

Post by ClarkWashington »

How can anyone be sad about how Richard looks?!?!?!? The man is a fighter, an inspiration. It takes a lot of courage and strength to go through what he's gone through yet still be sitting here surrounded by a beautiful loving angel and a lot of people who love him and are thankful that the world continues to be blessed by his presence. Richard and Jennifer are two of the most admirable people I've ever seen or met. When I look at Richard, I see a man that continues to look MS in the eyes and say "Fuck you, motherfucker!" Yes, MS has taken its toll on Richard's body, but his mind is still sharp, and frankly that's what matters. When I see a pic of Richard and Jennifer, sadness is the furthest emotion from my heart. I feel admiration, inspiration, joy, pride, warmth, and most of all love.

I came to this site as a fan of Richard the comedian. That continues to be the case, but more importantly I've become a fan of Richard the man. To me, he's stronger right now than he's ever been. One of the most painful symptoms of disease is having people pity you. That is a defeatist attitude and there is no place for it. Richard doesn't feel sorry for himself, so why should anyone else? It's disrespectful and unfair, not only to Richard but also to Jennifer. ]:o(
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

deepseas,
Well---that's a great story-thank you....
as I said, this thread began as an angry rant at the sad whiny asses and it has turned into one of the most inspirational threads on the board...I thank you for that...
also, DOUG D, JERMAIN AND CLARK...thank you so much for your love and support...
it fills us with warmth and pride that perhaps there are lessons here that are bigger than ourselves....
Deepseas talked about the Chineese and the respect their culture has for the wisdom of the elderly...
Richard is my Mudbone and I cherish every second with him...and btw, he also gives beaucoup attitude when he wants...he was pissed at Pat Obrien for being late when he came out with those emails...he kept RIchard waiting an hour---I know my man real well...pissed off like a motherfucker...LOL!!! :-x
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

deepseas,
:-x
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Jennifer,every time I see the top 50 comics of all time on Comedy Central and see Mr P at number one, I still get all buck wild happy like it's the first time I've seen it.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
NickFlanagan

Post by NickFlanagan »

Jennifer,

I watched the archived stuff on the Insider website and really, I was just stoked to see the two of you up there. I loved it and have of friends who taped it to see it. The main question I had after watching it was 'is Pat O' Brien cloying'? I don't think I saw the whole thing though...I just saw what was on the website.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

NickFlanagan,
cloying---not at all-really nice guy!
ed broeth

Post by ed broeth »

deepseas,
i dont think it could have been said any better way, as for me i am a 31 year old guy who has struggled for years with my looks, but that is changing with age and confidence...as for the elderly i have always loved talking with the elderly and find there stories to be a gift i hope i can give when i am older..and i want to work with them in my massage practice and when i told this to a family member he said "why would you want to work on old wrinkly people?" i just said well i like them as people and i very easily get along with them because in a way unlike younger people "some my age" they dont care about looks the same way...plus i love stories of the old days. :)
Mister Gee

Post by Mister Gee »

Jennifer,

I haven't seen the Insider feature, the most recent pics that I've seen of Richard are the ones that you post up for us. I don't know what negative comments are being slung around about you or Richard, but fuck them and the horses they rode on! Richard is always going to be the greatest. MS doesn't change that. The man's soul, his mind, his defiance of all the odds are what gives us hope. The way in which both of you have set aside past differences and come together to deal with his present condition is a testament to the beauty of the human spirit and an inspiration to us all.

There is so much real ugliness in this world, and in this past week I've seen it being brought to my front door. As I said in a past post, Richard took on his tragedies and gave us so much joy and I'll always love him for that. You can still see that sparkle in his eyes that lets you know that he's still the muthafukkin' man in charge!!

Keep doing your thing Jennifer, because there are a lot more of us behind you than you can ever imagine!;)

Peace gee
(straight outta London....we ain't all dead yet muthafukkas!)
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Jennifer,
yeah if someone is saying anything against Richard or You ......they seem to be misinformed....I am on disability......an I will tell you one thing....if I had someone that had a heart and as smart as you an beautiful as you...and as caring as you... takin care of me.....whooo.......I might be almost well.....anyway too I am glad Richard is still here....and he has more talent .....than most of the people that are stars now....
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Not that my opinion amounts to shit but from what I've seen Mr. Pryor is in good care, from the pics with GL and some from earlier June(?)I'd say the man is well fed, clean and still full of piss and vinegar, skin don't lie. neither do the eyes. Now days it's easy for people to tuck the disabled and elderly conveniently away "outta sight, outta mind" then draw attention to the caregiver in an effort to distract attention from their own bullshit. fucking hypocrite sonsabitches. You saw a lot of love from the universal conscious for that girl down in florida but you didn't see any them in there wiping her ass. Don't worry or stress your self regarding some hypocrite never been to the front line chicken dicks opinion. A lot of patients and caregivers log on and get strength and support from you and Mr.Pryor but also offer some great advice, you gotta take time for yourself and get some rest occasionally. I seem to remember a "Irish" reference so we all wasting our words, quit aint in the blood. Your doing great, most do nothing. You other mfrs better get somebody. One of my favorite conversations ever was with a MS patient who had been so fucked up back in 69(?) that he went to Woodstock the week after the festival.
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP