The man gave me my swagger!

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
motherFer

The man gave me my swagger!

Post by motherFer »

I could have ended up a normal white boy from the burbs, full of religion, secretly hating every race, creed and color of people all the while maintaining a pleasant smile to cover the fear of a black man taking my white woman, but thank god for the 70's and HBO. The first time i watched Richard Pryor i was about seven years old and my father was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down his face. My dad, being a real "cool" dad in those days waved me down the stairs and let me watch what was easily the funniest person alive. It wasn't the "Mother Fucker" that was funny to me, it was the energy with which the Mother followed by the fucker was delivered. As I grew up and I listened to as much of Richard Pryor as possible I realized that the only thing that you can respect in this life is honesty and I feel that out of all the people i have had the pleasure of meeting and all of the artists that i have had the opportunity to enjoy, Richard is the most honest voice from my child hood. Im married and I'm living in the burbs but im happy to say that i am a sincere lover of humanity. I think the lesson i learned from Richard is that its ok to call someone a Mother Fucker as long as you do it out of love. Richard, I mother fucking love you man. I hope you continue to do well and im glad that i was able to find this site. Take care man and god bless.