Great Book

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jim Mendrinos

Great Book

Post by Jim Mendrinos »

If any one is looking for a great yet obscure book about Richard's place in comedy, look no further than "On The Real Side" written by Mel Watkins.

Great read, Pryor is on the cover, and Mel Mentions my wife in the book as well, so for me it's a must read.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: Great Book

Post by Jennifer »

Jim Mendrinos,
Yo buddy who the fuck is your wife??!! How cool-I have tried to find that book for years-can't get it-hook us up!!love jenny lee p
Jim Mendrinos

Post by Jim Mendrinos »

Jennifer,

My wife is Leighann Lord, the only comic other than richard to be named the official comic of Harlem Week. He lists her in his chapter on up and coming comics. Do you really need the book? I could call Mel and see if he'd send you and Richard one.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Jim Mendrinos,
I am desperate for it!!! Seriously i have looked on ebay-i believe it's out of print -and quite frankly, the dude,Watkins, should have hooked us up -i mean RIchard's picture was on the cover, not to mention he's such a fortex but I'll stay in the solution! But, on second thought-kinda rude I have to hunt the fucking book down-but grateful I am close to doing so-and big thanks to you if you can achieve this for us! I need a cocktail! jenny
Jim Mendrinos

Post by Jim Mendrinos »

Jennifer,

I'll make the call in the 'morrow -- and if he doesn't have one to give you, I'd be happy to lend you my copy.
Inkblot

Post by Inkblot »

Jennifer,

Is this it?

Great Book

Inkblot
Jim Mendrinos

Post by Jim Mendrinos »

Inkblot,

Yes that is the book! Everyone should read this. Jennifer, I'll still call Mel.

Jim
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

Jim Mendrinos,
looks like a good one. can't wait to read it. gotta get my copy now. seems like we're all gonna be bookworms. books about comedy, books about history, cinema. maybe we should start a bookworms forum.

cb
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

cbreez0101,

not a bad idea. i think a general any topic forum would be good too. just somewhere to talk about anything at all. community is community. if you got somethin to share, might as well share it. eh, just a thought.

gareth
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Inkblot,
yes-and i just ordered it -thank you!!!!!