45 Years Ago

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Dave

45 Years Ago

Post by Dave »

If I am not mistaken, it was 45 years ago this week (right around Thanksgiving) that I heard Richard's voice for the very first time. I was quite young but bits of the memory are vivid. My sister or possibly my friend's sister (that part's not so vivid) had bought a new record and they had to close the door before they put it on. I expected music but instead some dude was talking about farts. Farts! The world had indeed gone mad and I was just starting grammar school. They played both sides repeatedly, constantly telling me to cover my ears which I kept doing even though I could still hear it all just fine. I became an instant fan long before I was old enough to get most of what he was saying. This time of year always brings that memory back and it sure is a good one. I was far too young to remember the first day that my sister played the Beatles in our house... but I remember this day and I'm sure I always will.

:dumbass:
Keep some sunshine on your face.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: 45 Years Ago

Post by bingolong »

Diggin the avatar by the way Dave!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!