Genius is Timeless

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Slinger1

Genius is Timeless

Post by Slinger1 »

Hello all. Been away from here for awhile but wanted to come by and share some of my thoughts with you.

I bought the Box Set of the Richard Pryor Show, some silly bastard returned it to the store. Watched the entire collection this weekend. I was amazed at how many of the segements he perform that I've seen other comedians copy. I was also suprised to see some of the then lesser-know comics he had on the show Robyn Williams, John Belushi, Marsha Warfield, Tim Reid, Sandra Bernhard just to name a few. And then there was the segement for the "kids" featuring the song "This World Was Made for All Men" performed by children of diverse ethnic backgrounds. The song tells of historical contributions made by people of all colors to the Growth of America. A song that is still just as relevant today as it was in 1977.

Bottomline is this, only a true Genius could produce such a Funny, Socially Pertinent show dispite being crippled by the NBC Censors. If you don't own this you are missing out, the Richard Pryor Special disc along is worth the price of the box set.

Just my Two cents.......
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... P_Someting I said.jpg[/img]
WHY Cant We All Just Get Along