Nigdy ciebie nie zapomne

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Mister Gee

Re: Nigdy ciebie nie zapomne

Post by Mister Gee »

deepseas,

I do a lotta workshops with children and you should hear the way they flip slang left, right and centre, (I'm too old to keep up) it's amusing. I think that language is in a perpetual state of motion and it's always interesting to hear it's different interpretations.

I once read in Richard's Book that he once went on stage and said "Motherfucker" in 50 different ways, that must've been a sight to see!

Peace gee
Mister Gee

Post by Mister Gee »

deepseas,

I'm a performance poet, but I also present shows on radio. I go into schools to try and inspire children to enjoy the art of writing (be it, prose, raps, comedy, whatever). I usually read my own works and then relate it to a poem written by one of the greats, (e.g. Shakespeare, Burns, Byron) to try to get the children to see that these are just people who sat down and committed their ideas to paper.

Everybody has got ideas and I believe that everybody can contribute positively to society if given the right encouragement and the chance. Most of the children have a multitude of dreams and aspirations, but lack the discipline needed in realising them.

That's why I've always loved TMIC because I see him as a performer supreme. You can see from his stand-up that he has worked hard to perfect and hone his routines into a fine art. Many children over here don't see the hard work involved in various fields and just marvel at the end-products. I try to get them to see that it's all about writing your ideas down and constant practice to help elevate them.

Peace gee (sorry for the speech, but I'm quite involved in all this!) :)
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

Mister Gee,

Shit.. Ain't be no thang!
sidbull

Post by sidbull »

thanks my friends :)
Chociaż nic nie zrozumiałem. Thx! deepseas.
Szkoda że nie znam angielskiego i nie rozumię popisów Richarda na stojaka, czuję że tam dopiero sa jaja.