Missed Opportunity

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Dannidill

Missed Opportunity

Post by Dannidill »

First, I must offer my condolences to everyone whose life has been touched by the magic of Richard Pryor. My deepest sympathies to his family and my utmost love and respect to you Jennifer for being exactly what Richard needed you to be.

Now, how in the hell could I not know this site was here? I've googled what I thought was damn near everything imaginable and not once did I google Richard Pryor...until it was too late. I am truly ashamed of that. I would have loved the chance to tell Richard how much I loved and appreciated him and his life's work of making this world a better place through laughter.

I can only pray that he really knew how much he was loved, even if it wasn't always expressed by those that loved him.
tis2flyyy

Re: Missed Opportunity

Post by tis2flyyy »

Dannidill,

First off....Welcome to the site.

When I first came onto the site, someone welcomed me to it(Jennifer, JTF, Bingolong, & MurphDogg) and it made me immediately feel like part of this wonderful family. So, I am returning that feeling to you.

Secondly, and more importantly, no need to be sad about any missed opportunities because, lo and behold! you just DID get the opportunity to tell Richard exactly how you felt about him - by making your post.

Believe me when I say, he knows how you feel and appreciates it. & we, your fellow post members, appreciate you for your heartfelt expression. Do me one favor...please go to the forum entitled "Richard's Diary". The very first post you see reads what?

That, my dear, should answer your questions and ease your mind. For truly, He is still here!

Take Care & God Bless.
Big T
Where is the LOVE?
Dannidill

Post by Dannidill »

tis2flyyy,

Thank you so much. Your warm welcome and kind words have made me feel much better. I did read Richard's diary section and I enjoyed reading his thoughts. He's still got me laughing, God bless his soul!

I see that you're a fan of Chaka Khan's. She's another one of my favorite people. I happened upon a classic video of hers today, and I think you might enjoy it as well.

http://youtube.com/w/chaka-khan-and-ruf ... aka%20Khan - Chaka on Soul Train'

Take care!
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

Dannidill,

That's when Chaka was delicious!
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

Dannidill,

Thank you for your very kind reply and thank you for that gift of a video of Chaka khan---she is my FAV-O-RITE artist...& that is real. All I can say is, Thank U, thank U, THANK U!!!

Again, welcome to the site and please stay a while!

One Love
Big T Hollywood :D
Where is the LOVE?
Dannidill

Post by Dannidill »

JTF,

I saw Chaka perform at Hart Plaza a couple of years ago and believe me when I tell you, she's [/i]still[/i] delicious!

:)
Dannidill

Post by Dannidill »

tis2flyyy,

You are very welcome! It was my pleasure to share it with someone who'd truly enjoy it.

I'm really starting to like it here, so I'm sure I will stay a while.

:)

Peace
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Dannidill,
hey its kool to see a fan of Chakas an Rufus ......dang them looked like 30 undercover brothers..... :lol: :lol: :lol: you do know the movie dont ya?
Dannidill

Post by Dannidill »

Appaloosa,

LOL! Yeah, I know the movie. I love watching Eddie Griffin.

I was commenting to a friend about how COOL, everyone looked in that video.

Unfortunately, well maybe fortunately, depending on how I'm feeling, ;) but I was too young to appreciate the '70's, so I really get a kick out of seeing pictures and video from those days.