Jet Magazine

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
robfharris

Jet Magazine

Post by robfharris »

I don't recommend an issue of Jet Magazine for much, other than page 43 (I'm sure Bingo and JTF know what I mean). But I saw a copy of this weeks Jet and there is a 25 page tribute to Richard Pryor, with a pretty good list of his movies and albums and an additional 5 pages dedicated to the services and comedians paying tribute. There are some great pictures in there as well. As usual Jet could have gone into more detail and some of the information they give should have been fact checked, but none the less I will say go get a copy.

On another note...
I exchanged emails with Bingo after I heard about Rich passing, I told him it made me sad. He's the only person I really spoke to about it. Even though you never meet someone... if that is one of your heroes (Muhammad Ali and Fred Hampton my two others) it does take a little from you. I was in a funk over it for a while, couldn't even look at his movies or listen to his concerts... then it hit me this morning. I should celebrate... Celebrate his life. Every thing in his life is worth celebrating. Abuse, racism, narrow mindedness, taxes, the government, NBC, heart attacks, drugs, fire, even MS... he fought them all and came out on top more times than not. It has been an absolute joy to sneak Richard Pryor albums and tapes into my mother's house and listen to them behind her back. It has been a joy to collect his movies, and it has been a joy tolaugh and learn that if you can make fun of it... it can't hurt you; it may fuck you up a litle bit, but it can't really hurt you. I will from this day on celebrate one of the greatest people in history. Just had to say my 'peace'.
Thanks Jen for a place to do it and making sure nobody will ever forget. His legacy is secure and you worked your ass off to do it... respect.
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: Jet Magazine

Post by Murphdogg »

robfharris, one hell of a post, if this was the Jungle with Jim Rome I'd say "wrack him"..I know how you feel...I've been in a funk to..I've only been on stage twice since..and my heart wasn't in it either time. intellectually we tell ourselfs to try and be positive and celibrate someones life, specially a extroidinary life like Richards..but sometimes we just got to feel the pain to.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

robfharris,
Word man much love dawg!!Keep ya head up man....

....I read in the last issue that they ere going to do something for him in JET and I will be looking for it tommorow...thanks for the headz up
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

robfharris,

Bought it and sitting here flipping thru the pics alone is awesome....they really showed some love on this !!!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

bingolong,
Yeah the pictures are incredible. 30 pages in JET is amazing considering they only have like 32 pages to begin with... one of those pages is the cover!!
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

robfharris,

Thanks for the heads up, Jet did a good job.

Rob, you expressed it so well. We all love Richard like he is our blood brother and our hearts will always be full of love for him and Jennifer.

Peace to you brother and One Love,
Big T
):) :-x
Where is the LOVE?