Memories of Richard

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
VirginiaP

Memories of Richard

Post by VirginiaP »

I think i am a lucky lady. In 1995, Richard did a booksigning for one of his autobiographies at the Comedy Store in Los Angeles. I attended that booksigning. I was never really a fan of the vulgarity he used in his live performances. However, i certasinly was a fan of the hugely talented man who ly underneath the profanity. Everytime i saw him on shows like Saturday Night Live, or his live performances, i thought, "my God, this man is one of the most unbelievable talents our good Lord ever rightfully ever put on this earth."his imitation of actor John Wayne used to crack me up, it was so damned good. Anyway, I attended the Los Angeles booksigning. i was so sad when i saw Richard in his wheelchair, sick with multiple sclorosis. He was so much fun to meet, he was wonderful to his fans. It broke my heart when he tried to sign his name on the books, but couldnt. It seemed he wanted to sign the books so badly. i think he got maybe eight or ten signatures out, his hand was trembling because of MS. By the time I got to him, he could only sign his initials. Someone who worked with him stamped the books "Richard Pryor, live on the Sunset Strip." I will never forget the beautiful blues music that played in the Comedy Store as i met the man that I swear God, with all his intelligence and wisdom, chose to be one of our top comedians. Richard brought himself from what I have always heard was a very rough upbringing, to the top of the stairs professionally. What an admirable guy. I am a caucasian lady. Richard had the wonderful power to do something so unique, so marvelous. he didnt make blacks and whites, or people of other races, hate one another with his humor. he made us all laugh at ourselves, laugh at our differences. What a special man. his humor wasnt mean. The day I found out Richard died, my heart broke for him , and also those close to him. ive lost many people close to me lately, including my own Father. i stepped outside and asked God if he could please make room for Richard in his heavens, please make sure he went with him, to the good place. As i walked back into my house, a plane zoomed overhead, full of the brightest lights ive ever seen on any vehicle in the night. I knew tht was my answer. Richard went to God, with all the brightest lights surrounding him, just like he had on earth. To the Pryor family and jJennifer, you dont know me from Adam. however, my sincere condolences to you , my heart reaches out for you. oh yes. Dear Richard , when you meet God, do us all and especially Him a favor. Do John Wayne. -sincerely-Virginia Pritchett, Texas, USA.
Virginia Pritchett