Gene Wilder???

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Funn DementaLL

Re: Gene Wilder???

Post by Funn DementaLL »

None of you read his 2005 bio book? Yeah, they didnt like eachother, Rich was saying his coke days where still existant and he'd be late for the sets if he showed up at all... Gene Wilder was just pissed off! But I knew the guy was a bit of an ass... He was mad about the remake of Charlie and the choclate factory and said his performance was better than Depp's and rah rah rah.... I actually prefer Tim Burtons version, fuck you Gene! you had your time! :D
NetteB

Post by NetteB »

Funn DementaLL,

No I never read it and after all of this that has come out I don't care to read it. He obviously has the worse case of sour grapes! How could he not like RP??? He should have been thanking RP everyday of his life for putting him on the map....GW gained and added audience when he and RP made magic. W/O RP he is only mediocre at best.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Funn DementaLL,
yeah i read that he dint like Depp doin that movie.....only cause he thinks he did the essential character of that movie....but i think his pr people told him to acknowledge Depp an make things right ......i know that is the only reason he would say he liked the movie....he was never actually funny to me....i mean his biggest thing was to go Wuh...wuh....wuh......when he was flustered an that was it.....he mustah thought that was comedy....he can kiss mah brown behind..... :-x :lol: :lol: :lol:
Funn DementaLL

Post by Funn DementaLL »

Appaloosa,
:lol: yeah.... to that other dude... Not everyone gets along... I mean The Beatles craeted musical magic and didnt get along.... fucking Molder and Skully from the X-Files didnt get along off set nor Sarah Jessica Parker or the woman that plays Samantha in Sex and the city get along... See, your not there to be social or to be a nice guy... your there for your talent, for your career and money...countless legendary assholes... most these geniuses are anti social... isolate themsleves from "normies" and "half wits" ... Being a comic you must piss off alot of people... as Rich did... from telling a white man straight "Fuck you honkey" to refusing to use the "n word" any more... he pissed people off his whole life... anyone can be a nice guy... asshole. B-)
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

Does/did Gene have non-Hodgkin's lymphoma? Maybe he is too ill to talk with the press. I would hope it's not because he is that much of an asshole but it sure sounds like it.

I was surprised when I learned about Gene and Richard not being friends. Several years ago I saw an interview with Gene and he told this story about him and Richard riding in a cab together. Either the cab driver or another passenger was excited about meeting Richard. According to Gene Richard was a little rude to the person. Later Gene said he asked Richard why did he behaved so rude/cold to the person and according to Gene Richard said "Because they were cutting into our time together" I thought that was such a sweet story and that they must have been close friends. I am either the most gullible person or Gene is a better actor than I gave him credit for.

I am not a fan of Leno but I thought what he said at the end of his monologue the following Monday was one of the nicest comments I have heard. I was excpecting Letterman to say something. Did I miss it?

Post by Mudbone4Life. »

KMommy,

yeah, I thought Leno did a nice tribute, to put Richards legacy in its context for all the young people watching that may not know about Richard beyond the movies he did.

Letterman didn't say anything as far as I know, I was hoping he would. Anyone know what Conan or anyone else did? Did Howard Stern say anything on his show?