Gene Wilder???

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
NetteB

Gene Wilder???

Post by NetteB »

First, let me express my deep regret for the loss of a wonderful human being and the greatest comic of ALL Time!! Secondly, I send my condolences to the family. I have seen many comments from Mr. Pryor's peers but nothing from Gene Wilder... what's up with that?? If he is mourning privately I can understand that but I've not seen any commnents in papers or his appearance on any shows regarding Mr. Pryor's death. They were a dynamic duo....
JTF
XXX

Re: Gene Wilder???

Post by JTF »

NetteB,

For as much chemistry as there was on screen, off screen things were not nearly as jovial.

It is sad, but that's the way things are. It would be easy to point the blame one way or another (guess which way they would point here!) but why bother. Let's just hope Gene enjoys his life. Richard certainly enjoyed his!
snowdog2004

Post by snowdog2004 »

NetteB,

they were great on screen but from what i heard off screen they hated each others guts how they made those movies together with out killing each other i do not know
cry me a river build me a bridge and get the flying fuck over it
indio

Post by indio »

i heard they were once friends however when richard got m.s. gene stopped the friendship but i dont know how true this is. i am still trying to find out more information myself about this but have been quite unsuccessful. if anyone else knows more i myself and others would be very grateful.
NetteB

Post by NetteB »

JTF,

I would have never imagined it... Wow, that is sad. Thanks for shedding light. God bless them both. Lord knows they brought much laughter to us all.
NetteB

Post by NetteB »

snowdog2004,
That is so wild... I knew it had to be something... I watched all the entertainment shows and whatnot to see who said what regarding Mr. Pryors passing and never once did I see his face or read a statement... I think you should let bygones be just that and give your respects... JMHO
NetteB

Post by NetteB »

indio,I would be interested to know as well.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

astonamous,

for some reason, I couldn't quite accept Gilda w/Gene, seemed like an odd pairing. but it was good she didn't die alone. I have always loved Gilda's comedy. didn't see much about Gene until Stir Crazy, and I think the only other movie was Woman In Red where Stevie Wonder's soundtrack was actually better than the movie. Gilda's part in it was funny though.

odd that Wilder wouldn't acknowledge RP now. maybe he's in his own grieving world *shruggin*
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
NetteB

Post by NetteB »

astonamous,

Wow! Thanks so much for shedding even more light. I had no idea Wilder had authored a book and then had the never to speak negatively about RP!!! Jealousy is like cancer and is so ugly. I can honestly say had RP not been in the movies he and GW made together I would have never watched them.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

JTF,
Have heard from so many ---it's interesting the people I haven't heard from...I will not mention any names! ]:o(