Question?

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
aceall

Question?

Post by aceall »

In the show calld "im not dead yet" or somthing like that, at the vary end of it some guy says somthing that richard had in his diary, i was wondring if someone could give it to me or just give me a link. Thank you
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: Question?

Post by Jennifer »

aceall,
we haven't posted it yet-it's from Richard's diary!jlp
streeter

Post by streeter »

I have two questions for Jenn and Richard:

On the Internet it says that Richard's seen The Man in the Glass Booth 40 times. Is that a reference to something he said in a stand-up routine or did he really see it so many times? And if so, why that movie?

Also (for both of you, or anyone else for that matter): What are your favorite movies that Richard ACTED in?

For me it's a toss-up between Stir Crazy (the funniest) and Blue Collar (dramatic).
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

streeter,
Re: The Man in the Glass Booth-i never heard that Richard says he saw this movie fourty times(where does it say this?)What makes this interesting is also, the fact that I am in it! Have to research his routines to see if it came from a bit!
Favorite movie of Richard's that he acted in was BlUE COLLAR-he felt he had an opportunity to do something different in this film, like act! jlp :lol:
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

streeter,
For me my favorite has to be Bustin Loose.The movie has lots of comedy but also a great amount of dramitic/emotional scenes like when Richard deals with the children's issues.He also got to do some character's (during the Pyramid scheme).That scene when he is walking through the woods talking shit to himself (".....I'm Mrs. Braxton's Favorite son!Joe Baby, Joe motherfucking Braxton...)and the Klan walks up behind him has to rank up there with the "we bad" scene in Stir Crazy. This movie had everything (plus Paul Mooney and and a hot Roberta Flack soundtrack).But sometimes I wonder what ever happened to those bad ass kids...........?
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
streeter

Post by streeter »

Jennifer,

It says that on Richard's bio on imdb.com. I have no idea where they got it from. That's why I guessed maybe that it was something he mentioned in stand-up. Dir. Arthur Hiller later directed Richard in See No Evil Hear No Evil.

I'd be interested to know why that movie had such an impact on Richard that he watched it so many times. Maybe because you were in it!

I put the movie in my DVD queue and hopefully I'll have the chance to watch it soon.
streeter

Post by streeter »

bingolong,

That would make a great DVD special feature - have the kids from Bustin' Loose reunite and talk about making the movie. They need to redo that DVD anyway. The movie deserves a much better transfer (in widescreen) and at least some bonus stuff.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

streeter,
Yes-Arthur did direct See no Evil and Man in the Glass Booth and Silver Streak! I find that quote so strange-but hopefully Richard watched Man in the Glass Booth fourty times cause I was in it!It's a difficult movie to watch once-let alone fourty times! It's about an antisemetic man(Max Schell) who committed war crimes under Hitler-it's heavy going-written by Robert Shaw!
aceall

Post by aceall »

Can someone tell me the ancer to my question at the vary top, does anyone know a link or anything
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

aceall,
Legally-i can't put it here till 11/05-you can get it on the dvd of that special or ask someone if they have TiVo'ed it-jlp
B-)