George Lopez

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
cbreez0101

George Lopez

Post by cbreez0101 »

Just want to make a note for everyone, if you haven't listened to George Lopez do standup, it's a real treat. Very sweet, and funny, and (my favorite) political. I love how he rants about the poor exposure of mexican people on television and in movies. The best part is, he wound up making his own show which addresses a lot of these issues. great stuff. ]:o) ]:o)
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: George Lopez

Post by Jennifer »

cbreez0101,
George is great-he's filming in the same theatre that we shot Richard Pryor Live in in 1978-Terrace Theatre-Long Beach this weekend, 2/21. I didn't know you were a fan?! very cool!
George gave us such a great interview for the special; he told us how he used to stalk Richard. How, when Richard was in the hospital from the fire, he would drive by and shout,"We love you Richard", from the street! He became a comic because of Richard and in the same spirit as Richard, he is breaking ground; he really takes the covers off the Mexican culture. We think he's great!jlp
funkycomic

Post by funkycomic »

Jennifer,
George Lopez is corny as hell!! sorry dont mean any disrespect. He hasnt said anything funny that I have heard. I mean I get he is mexican but damm does that have
to be your whole act???
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

funkycomic,
I understand your point-well taken-he's gotta stretch out of that box-cross all boundries and not restrict himself to Mexican culture only-i think he's found a good hook and he's hanging with it!! He's very talented and can go anywhere he wants! We love him! jlp
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

funkycomic,
george can be corny but sometimes i'm in the mood for that. sometimes a lighter comic can be fun. and how can we ask george to lay off the mexican humor? he's mexican, and he's saying shit that noone else is saying. he makes great points about society and prejudice while things light and fun. just my opinion.

cb
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

cbreez0101,
Right on!!Black folks talk about Black folks why can't mexicans talk abot their culture.It ain't but about two or three of them motherfuckers making a splash right now anyway so he might as well expose the rest of us to what goes on in his culture.
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

bingolong,
End of May, George's show dedicated to RIchard and filmed at the same Longbeach theatre (RP's Live In Concert) will be shown on Showtime!!Jenny
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Jennifer,
That's great,I'll be looking out for that!!
Thanks
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

WHy wasn't George on the list??Fuck-he deserves to be on this list!!
:X
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Come on now pimps, whores, sluts and bitches!!!LOL No one has anything to say about George not being on list-???
Don't you think he deserves?