A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Beemerchef

Re: A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... Pk8f-M.jpg[/img]

The mapping of our Lives. Some “hang” photos, we live them.

It has become a bit thoughtful all these years. Maybe too much. All is slowly being replaced by contemplating adapting this mental mapping which is taking place. Lately. They are spaces I know of longer times taking roots are of an attractive greater choice. The connections are of only Mother Nature and maybe of a distant village somewhere not too near by. Nothing is holding us back, it will just be a bit more of planning when I return.
Bitter sweet it is this afternoon as Spirit is only a couple feet from a suitcase and a carry on ready for tomorrow morning when I will be flying to Munich for a couple weeks. There is much excitement spending some true quality time with my Mother and much sadness leaving my buddy behind.
Compromises are always everywhere seemingly a daily ritual one cannot avoid. As someone said the other day, as long as they are “positive compromises”. He is and will be in good care, there are no worries and suddenly before I know it back again it will be so we can both go on to Texas and regroup while meeting “Old Faithful” which I also miss.
In the meantime it was a couple evening rides up the Mountains southeast of us when the 100 degree days cooled off, a nice road called “Box Canyon”.(AZ).

Be well,

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... kCnx-L.jpg[/img]

From Far Away... Home? Munich, Germany.

All has been set aside, “Terra Explorer”, “Old Faithful”, even Spirit is miles away and these two weeks are times spend with my Mother after a two years of absence. Too long. My Friends have send me e mails with more information than a Travel Agency could entice me, but at 85 the days out are shortened as never before with more time spending talking and reminiscing about past and present Life, planning future Life more than anything else. I am not playing Tourist here. The stories going back to great grand parents have been flying into the night, the present moments in this City which has changed since last time here and specially working on moving this Lady to move to Atlanta, a City she is familiar with, one that she likes. If not now, when?
Yet, the Daily Life here in Munich can provide a Photographer with more than enough oddities. I call “oddities” because of them being rarities in the States.
Photos of Spirit keep coming in from my Friends who have taken really good care of him. I am just wondering how he is going to feel the hard floors again from the comfortable king size bed he has shared with his Girl Friend “Miya”!
Tuesday night... back to Tucson and on to “The Oasis”. Immediately!
Stay well, enjoy the Photos.

Be well,

Ara and Spirit

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos
www.store.theoasisofmysoul.com The Recipes

http://www.printfection.com/spiritedoasis T Shirts and more

6th Year, the Stars, living under them…
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... Srxf-M.jpg[/img]

A blank page at “The Oasis”

Kind of limping with a bad shoulder and upper back we made it back to “The Oasis” and it is only just now getting back the ability to freely moving around. More or less! My patience is not the best when it comes to halting everything. Frustrating under medications awaiting feeling better is a better explanation.
This space has become the center of my Universe where we are all alone enjoying the silence and these past nights with a Moon getting full all is lit as daylight.
It is lounging here as being in a “Twilight Zone” literally loosing all sense of time and days, I cannot even tell how long we have been here.
This is what Big Bend will do to most when they let go of their Urban minds and slip into the present covers always so welcoming.
It rained like mad, stormed like crazy and today again the skies are blue as I think the good Spring weather is here. So welcoming.
Enjoy the Post Cards images of “The Oasis”.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

6 years, the Stars, living under them…

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... BBvG-M.jpg[/img]

Time to regroup at “The Oasis”. TX

Turns out to be a good thing this little piece of land here in the middle of nowhere. Way South in Texas. Once a Year it is that time to regroup, specially with a new Hack which is not quite done, not quite accessorized for our needs. “Old Faithful” is still in Lander, Wyoming, it is going to be a long round trip haul to bring here down. Soon I hope. This “Terra Explorer” by the way is now named “Crusty” and she excels off road, “Old Faithful” is more the touring hack it seems like. I was able to pick up some interesting items while in Germany, at least get to know those items which I am showing in the Journal. They are mostly winter camping gear. Some that have shrunk in size and weight specially my kitchen, some that will keep us warmer. We have some big plans and I always kind of smile at my plans as I know too well none always go as thought. Past experiences are the proof.
I am actually writing this from Lubbock, Texas. Tomorrow “Crusty” is getting a much needed side case for more gear! Mr Spirit is doing well. His clowning has not stopped and I think right now he is a bit anxious to get back.
All the new gear in this new entry with always many "Thanks" to our kind Sponsors.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... GZBk-L.jpg[/img]

“35”. October 13ht. From “The Oasis”. TX

And then they are the times when the Road does not spare the hard times unlike some might think it is always the blue skies with no clouds. Lance's Birthday will of course not stop coming around and down again through memory lane the mind takes it's own Journey. There is no need for avoidance, this is what Life had planned. Learning to embrace the good ones, that is the good memories, and live uplifted by them is always the key to those days.
The space here is conductive for such a play of the hours going by. It is “The Oasis” with acres of beauty, miles and miles of roads, paved and unpaved, Friends that welcome us back for those times we will be here in and out this winter. This always has been the ultimate retreat and remains as such.
In a day or two we will however be leaving for Wyoming to retrieve “Old Faithful”, one more step to have it all together here.
The shoulder is getting better. We were able to take a long ride yesterday through Big Bend Park, always a treat. Paying the price a bit for it today, but this too shall pass.
More on the Journal...

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... Vmwk-M.jpg[/img]

Gray Days, Colorful mind. Texas.

Lingering here at “The Oasis” will do this. “This” meaning erasing clocks, calendars, any source of outside interference with our lives. A Heaven of tranquility and ecstasy and more, so much more it becomes harder and harder to describe what these millions of acres laid out ahead of us bring on day in and day out. Some of the past days have been hot, some have been covered with a ceiling of dark clouds, a cold front made it's way for a couple days and too quickly found the exit door, night time riding or daytime, nothing has stopped us from doing so, including a video of a bit longer nature. Winter is not yet upon us, not yet, this part of the Country seems to avoid it for as long as possible. Regardless of it all, today, as this little screen passes on images of the brutality with which Mother Nature has punched the East Coast I start thinking about such unfairness of the devastation. Cost of lives, homes, businesses, health for so many of the elderly, it is all very much so on a speechless path trying to wish everyone affected a speedy recovery. Wishing. Life has it's twists and turns of too many. Doesn’t it?

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

7th Year, the Stars, living under them…

http://www.youtube.com/user/beemerchef?feature=mhee
The Videos
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... TMdz-L.jpg[/img]

Falling into our 7th Year. Texas.

“Day of the Dead” in Terlingua was Friday and so was an Anniversary of our past departure from Georgia [Dawsonville to be precise] 7 Years ago, pretty much with no destination, mental or physical for that matter. Aspects of entertainment are at their highest here. One would not think so while crossing 80 miles of Desert from Alpine or Marathon or Marfa Southbound. There is a lot “happening”. At the same time we made new Friends as they have been traveling from London to South America in their little and efficient “Lada” with their Buddy “John”. No need for a Turbo charged top of the line vehicle, this one does it all as you can even watch the video I posted on the Journal with many Photos also of Friday's Celebration which this Year brought in a nice [and painted] larger crowd. In the meantime we are tomorrow morning taking off for the Park. I don't know yet which one, which direction, maybe Spirit will point the way as he always does.
Enjoy the Journal, much local colors.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... sDCT-L.jpg[/img]

“Fresno” site, Mariscal Mines, Big Bend “Texas”

Perfect weather last week was not, still hot into the Park's southern spaces, a few days ago however all turned perfect with the help of a shy cold front. Coming out for some air for a few days, picking up forgotten items as finally a list has become a must [like a jack!] and going right back in who knows where. There are so many choices around us right now while helped by “Crusty” and it's optional 2 wheel drive and reverse. The road to “Mariscal Mines” is not bad at all except while going through dry washes, some broken up trail like situations, a bit of deep pea gravel, “Crusty” made it through it all with flying colors. The nights are beautiful with zero light pollution, quieter than any silence experienced and few are the ones coming through for a few minutes hopefully reminiscing about those Mine workers throughout their hard labor specially in summer times when the temperatures are around 120 degrees. Definitely a destination to be marked on a map, high clearance recommended.

Enjoy the Video and more Photos on the Journal.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... K7xG-M.jpg[/img]

“Lost” in Big Bend Park, Texas.

The ability with “Crusty's” two wheel drive and reverse is keeping us away from this “Internet” aspect on roads and campsites which we have not been able to reach before. “Big Bend” has changed into a new World for us. Here we are though now, out for a few days having put some photos together, a couple videos, a couple new entries into our Journal, these Chapters which maybe some day will form themselves into a thick Book!
The latest days were passed on “Old Ore Rd” witnessing the magical changes of a stage so present, from clear blue skies to storms, from hot to cold and all in between and windy curtain calls. It is what we do best at times having to come out for water and provisions, a bit of fuel and then on right back into the silence and quiet that have surrounded us lately.
We live in such a beautiful Country which never cease to amaze me. There are no Urban ruffles where we go, it is always Spirit and I and the sights as they were centuries ago.
Enjoy, much more to discover.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... 8kWk-M.jpg[/img]

A week in between at “The Oasis”. TX

I started thinking “in between what?”. Maybe between episodes? A Friend of mine wrote to me that he is trying to stay “Off the Grid”. That was the expression I was seeking for though we “are” off the grid ourselves and yet I long for maybe what I can call “Really 'off' the Grid”! I also call it “deeper in” and “more inland”. This “Oasis” of ours with power trickling from solar as are also showers with hot or hotter water on a sunny day, meals cooked with wood or again solar as a mean of heat, all for some reason, maybe being used to it, seems a bit “urban” as much as it is not.

We have been in and out of Terlingua lately listening to some good Music [Video on the Journal] and longing for the past days when spend on “Old Ore Rd”. Now looking at maps and trying to figure out our next destination in a couple of days. With almost 3 million acres ahead of us it is not a very difficult task.
So yes, this is a week “in between” with more Dentist and Dr visits giving me the clearance for another Healthy Year. No “hoping”, it just will be, positive thinking always. It is what makes us going, going... gone.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

7ht Year, the Stars, living under them…

www.store.theoasisofmysoul.com The Recipes

www.printfection.com/spiritedoasis T Shirts and more