A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Beemerchef

Re: A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... KrGC-M.jpg[/img]

Two hundred miles of thinking! AZ [video]

We finally escaped the Tucson furnace! Unbelievable heat slapping us daily, making us only finding refuge indoor within air conditioned so unnatural spaces, heat-cold, cold-heat and on and on taking a toll coupled with all the past emotions the major breakdown. Yet, we are now rolling again toward the Northern spaces, cooler temps and at the same time trying to catch up “thanking” everyone when so unselfishly the hands came forward to rescue us. At the same time one of my photos, again “thanks” to much public voting, and “thank you” again, made it's way to the finals. There were so many stages with 59,000 photos submitted that I am just calling this the “finals” awaiting the “final~final” as the last step is in the hands of Ron Howard and his daughter as a theme for an upcoming Movie, or in their mind that is. That result will be up in a few weeks.

[quote]“Congratulations! Your photo My Buddy Spirit and I has been selected as one of ten (10) Project Imagin8ion Contest finalists in the Relationship Theme. Ron Howard will select one (1) photo from the ten (10) finalists in each movie theme category that inspires him most and will be woven into his next film. As a reminder, the Grand Prize winners will receive a trip to New York City to attend the film premiere later this year.
Even if you are not selected as the Grand Prize winner, you will still be a first prize winner.”[quote]

Back, once again (!!!) in Show Low today we will be taking off for Utah this afternoon. The third time is a charm they say. We try. We will be going up Mokey Dugway again and most likely camp on Muley Point, the same as the video I just posted on the Journal!

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... kPdj-L.jpg[/img]

Up to the Tetons, WY

We are now 20 miles away from Cody, east of it, still “out there” and yet Internet, phone connection, power, water, all is now available. No Bears and Mosquitoes! We spend a few days without it all as we do quite often, a primitive campsite off Grassy Lake Road, by “Flag Ranch” in the Tetons, the switch is always a shock to the mind. The more time we spend “off grid” the harder it is to face this screen and yet, I enjoy it, I enjoy sharing the path we have taken, the photos trying to convey a certain sense of another reality we have embraced. This was the first we explored the “Tetons” and what magnificent space it is with it's snow covered peaks, more snow this year than ever, the “Snake River” near by within a few feet (reason for the Mosquitoes!) playing it's constant melody so soothing inducing a good night sleep as never before. It was a slice of Paradise as now we we look for another one, and another one! “Bear's Tooth Pass”. We have been here before, it is on our way north to the Glacier and hopefully a bit of Canada as long as we can handle the logistics. A few favorite photos now on the Journal have made their way... this technology does not cease to amaze me...
Till next time...

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... nffD-L.jpg[/img]

Camping with “The Adventure Trio”, WY

It does not happen often for us to camp with others. No one has the time or takes it, more important generally is more the emphasis on the distance covered leaving on the wayside the quality of the “moments”, fast forward is the blur of the road with only the fact which can then indeed be pronounced “ we have been here and there...”. “Sandy”, “Terry” and their soon to be 10 year old “Jack” are on a different tangent smelling and feeling the road, and yes, they also put on the miles, they know how to balance it all with their outgoing message “you can also do it...”. It was a good time, a very good time cooking, chatting, exchanging the road stories as many they always are. A couple dinners, a ride nearing the Grand Tetons, shopping for provisions, a bit of fishing for Jack (never caught anything as my frying pan was ready!), a bit more of guitar playing, our own incredible display of lightning and thunder on the Fourth of July and plenty of Photos... all on the Journal for now, looking for a better connection to upload a video I took while riding behind them. So long my “Friends”, soon again I hope...

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Beemerchef,

I LOVE THIS JOURNEY!!
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... MLLK-L.jpg[/img]

We are here and there... NM, CO.

Moving on fast lately. From Colorado to a few “HOT” days at “The Oasis”, back in Tucson and at the present time nearing San Luis Obispo for a few days. Will be dropping to San Diego next week for a few needed nights and finally on back to Texas... I think! The imprints are of many, they are now marked on the map for some return visits when the times will be more leisurely as I will announce soon the reason for all this traveling, which I do not call “living on the road”. Such an incredible diversity this Country offers I realize when such occasion makes us go the miles with a pace we are truly not use to. Yet as I have given us plenty of a head start the days do linger and the many miles in big numbers are not needed. Texas was of an oven turned up on convection, it was one of those rare and actually unique time for us to be there. Like a hammer it dropped on our heads but we made it as we will the rest of this route. We will see the Ocean today, the Beaches, always a soothing time and hopefully some cooler weather.
Los Cruces was a nice stop for us with our Friends. Jake took the time to take us to his favorite own personal space, some desolate BLM Land not too far.
Enjoy the Photos... keep checking the new entries, sometimes the connection are rare and my visits to this Forum becomes difficult.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...http://theoasisofmysoul.com/ - www.theoasisofmysoul.com'
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Beemerchef,
I will make you both a new topic/chapter heading!
You are both so special...! ALl my love to you both!
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... Cdv3-L.jpg[/img]

Southbound in California...

Sitting in San Diego right now for a few days, more precisely “Chula Vista”, awaiting for this final leg of what I feel a whirlwind passage through California. I still feel as being in a different country! We detoured through Davis for a few days visiting some Dear Friends of ours, we even stopped in Los Angeles, I think it was Sherman Oaks spending then one afternoon in “Venice Beach”, being driven luckily as I don't think we would have made it out of the Freeways in one piece and now here. Back to Tucson in a few days, Show Low and even a stop in Phoenix for a quick repair next week. These days even with much anticipated apprehension have been as chapters playing within this path so different for us and the thought alone of “The Oasis” awaiting for us I must say calms me down. Spirit himself now has been quiet, this also is not his element, what a patient being he has been all along. I think we will manage to go back as we did a few years ago to “Anza Borrego”, catch a Sunset, practice a bit of deep breathing while away from it all even if it is just for one day...
Enjoy the photos, from the Wine Country, Highway #1, Venice Beach and more...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/ Our Photo Gallery in the works...

5th year on the road under the Stars
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... QV2S-L.jpg[/img]

“Sherpa”, our new Friend coming to Texas with us...

I can only think good “Karma” when today “Old Faithful” is following behind us toward Texas. An “ECamper” from “Ursa Minor Vehicles” in Chula Vista, CA, on an “all wheel drive” Honda Element, lifted 3 inches by CCM in San Luis Obispo. Feels very strange. Yet, the road beat us up these past years and from point A to point B this will be a shelter, well, maybe “deserved”? Park anywhere and in less than one minute the pillow will find it's place and so will Spirit's cushion and blanket and warmth when needed. Not a permanent fixture, we will mix it up at times continuing with “Old Faithful”, at times as I see snow photos in my mind, with “Sherpa” alone, often the complete convoy!
It is winter approaching and this new Friend is more than welcome. I keep thinking daily positive feelings while planted on this path chosen and one after another the generosity of many does not cease to amaze me. The breakdown not long ago with a list of contributors I have finally started to thank personally, the negative results of a biopsy, and now “Sherpa” opening new horizons of Adventures within a vast array of destinations independent from harsh weathers.
We shall be back at “The Oasis” in a couple of days literally picking up the pieces of our tent that has blown away, did not withstand 100mph+ winds! Did not expect it. I was lazy to put away this monster whose fabric alone weighs 86lbs... Will now put up a smaller one and use the wood stove as a smoker much needed... It always works out.
More on the Journal...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/ Our Photo Gallery in the works...

5th year on the road under the Stars
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... p7dG-L.jpg[/img]

A Birthday filled with “Hope”. TX

This week has not been about riding. A big weight descends always on Lance's Birthday, the mind takes a path always unexpected nourished only from this avenue we embraced 5 years ago. I go back 34 years when my flesh and blood screaming and rambling already in his own ways suddenly appeared, I was not aware at the time he would be such an Old Soul staying around only long enough to give me some of his wisdom and pave today's moments, the present and near past. I today so much realize the Wealth within he has given me. The ability emanating from my own desire to roam and take in Mother Nature's constant offerings, my Buddy Spirit, my constant shadow and immediate support never for one instant failing with his own gifts, my constant growing list of Friends unknown not so long ago showering me with always kind words, support and understanding of maybe this “odd” path we are on and with “hope” that myself am worthy of their time and relationship.
Today is such a special day, I can close my eyes and relive that day past, the one justifiably we call “Birth Day” for now I understand also all of the right reasons. A quiet day. Moment by moment after a Sunrise ride on Aqua Fria Rd yesterday. A beautiful simple Sunrise to celebrate this very special week.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

our new Photo Galleries...

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com

5 years, the Stars, living under them... http://theoasisofmysoul.com/ - www.theoasisofmysoul.com'
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... TZ3Z-M.jpg[/img]

Days of “Paradise”. TX

Romancing the Road surfaces within these present times when the feel and the act of the season changes are imminent. When suddenly there is a table ahead of me and not a handlebar. When I am reading in the darkness of the evening which approaches by the day faster, others past rides, drives, hikes. When the maps are laid out instead of a glance toward a GPS and slowly eyes half closed, head resting on a pillow the imagination runs wild and the questions of if we have been here or there arises to no end. A cold spell was welcome a few days ago, again the heat has come back yet without it's past degrees, however enough to harbor shade with a big welcome. I feel as we are in between costume changes, as the stage is turning around on it's own axis not quiet yet and smooth on gears which makes her hesitate.
“Mariscal Mines” in the Big Bend Park had been calling since last winter. We could not make due with the present road. We end up in the heat of “Terlingua Abaja” instead, a road a bit friendlier. The Sunrise at “Santa Elena Canyon” one morning offered a state of mind unlike any others while within the solitude of the tall rocks. It offered photos I now cherish, the ones which bring me the coolness of that morning. A ride to one of my favorite little town “Alpine” discovering “Murphy Street” which slowly is dressing up in vivacious colors.
The heated gear will be out soon... no doubt, I now feel it throughout every night.
The writing goes on, the photos show up and a couple entries later standing in the middle of this vast one million acre land here we are!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

5 years, the Stars, living under them...