A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Beemerchef

Re: A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit!

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... SNXP-M.jpg[/img]

These past days at and around “The Oasis”, TX

It is Halloween night... I doubt anyone will find us while out “trick or treating”... Maybe “we” should go there as it seems this year everyone is really going all out for the fun. Maybe a sign of the times trying to put away the daily increasing burdens which too much I think is being written all over the place...
A few rides in Big Bend National Park lately, we love riding those roads, we love being spoken rudely by a Ranger as he even makes a fist branding it back and forth to show me how to restrain Spirit on a leash as he was going to start boxing... and that is without even getting out of his car. I have no clue why “we” have to pay the price almost ruining our moments only because of other irresponsible ones and their Dogs. But, whatever... Smile and go on it was. I only nodded, words were not needed.
It will be the “Day of the Dead” Celebration soon in a couple evenings. Always a special night at Terlingua's “Ghost Town” with many Friends, much food, music and I hope the annual bonfire...
Spending much time trying to fill and put the finishing touches to this “one-pan recipe” store. Everything as in Life takes twice as long as imagined and twice as hard. Should be soon if I was told the codes (???) decide to cooperate. We are so due for some unknown destination once all is settled as the weather has finally turned just right. Perfect I would say.
More photos of the Ghost Town we stopped by last night to witness an incredible Sunset and also Part II of our ride on River Rd last week.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

5 years, the Stars, living under them...
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Beemerchef,
You two are such a continued inspiration!!! The very best!!xoxoxo
Happy Holloween.... b.b
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

Jennifer,

Thanks! We passed through L.A. you know! It was not as scary as I thought!!! (we had to go to San Diego).
Next time as their will not be a next time, we would love to meet you... Spirit said so!!!
You be well, always.
Ara and Spirit
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... HpCk-M.jpg[/img]

Day of the Dead, 5 Years later. Terlingua. TX

I was under the impression this one being Monday and the thought of loosing one or two calendar days comes to me at the present as the most “worthy” luxury one can posses. For the best, even better, it is “free”. I don't really know if it takes much practice or if I have just fallen into the path, but it is present or as I think it “the present is not”. Another “Day of Dead” has just come and gone also marking our 5 year Anniversary on the road since we left the Georgia/Florida area, strangely enough, having not been back yet. It is only a number, I keep thinking so unimportant truly, yet it has marked a milestone and has woken me up realizing all the lessons such time has taught and the fact that it is grand time to put it all in perspective applying myself better toward this chosen path. It is grand adventures ahead, more than ever even if winter is almost here, present right now actually for many, meaning for us to sit a bit tight and catch up on some logistics better weather does not allow... because, we don't sit still long enough to do so. As always it was the time to see again the locals of Terlingua gathered around food, much chatting but no bonfire this year. Enjoy the photos and the video in this new entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

5 years, the Stars, living under them... http://theoasisofmysoul.com/ - www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal'
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... csFR-M.jpg[/img]

All in a detour... TX

Strangely enough one as myself sometimes does not realize what is for grabs right under their nose such as into the spaces we went on for a few days. East and a bit North. Del Rio with it's beautiful “Amistad Lake”, Sabinal with “Nora's Tacos”, “Lost Maples State Park”, “Lone Star Motorcycle Museum” and there would have been more if the weather would have cooperated. Last minute change after a glance at the forecast and I repacked everything on Sherpa's back! Yes, it was strange, did not feel quite right as it will never be as such going down the road with “Old Faithful”, but, having a quick shelter, not needing rain gear per say, having the heater on and listening to my favorites tunes, well, as everything it was a good compromise this time around. Spirit sure enjoyed it... It was more of a need to get away as anything else, it was wanting to feel the wanderlust since we had been here for a couple weeks now only taking on local rides. Once North of Sabinal, passed Utopia, the roads turn into Motorcycle riding Heaven and the next time around it will be “Old Faithful” leading the ride. Plenty of photos... some more Music... the Museum was great! Long Journal entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... 2D7F-M.jpg[/img]

Soul Shuffling... TX

The not so long ago “broken down situation” has since hit me hard throughout this “on the road” path taken. It was I must say the most embarrassing moment I have had, probably throughout my whole existence which has always been self sufficient. There was no “Plan B”, the thought of “Old Faithful” as such was in my mind an almost impossibility. Not so, obviously and naively I must say. Regardless the reasons why someone such as me at the age of 63 ends up with no financial savings, in this instance covering Lance's medical bills, a Child with no Health Insurance in this “not so kind” health care entity, the path has been irresponsible, unpredictable and unstable. We were saved, literally, by the many so kind readers of ours, Friends. This cannot happen again and will not. Winter times are setting in, we are not moving around as much and “time” these past few weeks has allowed me to open a new section within the Journal sharing my “one-pan recipes” in the form of an e-store and also populating my Photo Galleries. They are both work in progress as more recipes will be added as we go along, as I cook along, and more photos are also uploaded as I go through the 100,000 or more of those pictures taken these past five years. In the meantime here, at “The Oasis”, the weather has been more than perfect. Local rides, cooking for some Friends, The Annual “Alpine Art Walk” is happening this weekend, the “Big Bend State Park” is also calling us for some camping days in a bit of a different environment. I am thinking maybe exploring “Baja” soon. Will see...
Enjoy the recipes... the photos... there will be more.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... VRdV-M.jpg[/img]

“Gratitude” and the “Alpine Art Walk”. TX

So much going on at the present time. Inward, outward. All at the right time throughout this “Thanksgiving” week. I stumbled on a great video which I posted on the Journal and as I hope you give it the 6 minutes it takes to watch it, you will realize how could I avoid sharing it with all. I watch it every morning when a connection is available. A reminder to stay grounded “now” and take in a present Life we should all be so thankful about. A far cry from times past in my Life on this path when the steps only took place in this dark tunnel with seemingly no light ever even flickering. All is now so much brighter. It all came about ahead of a fabulous weekend when the “Alpine Art Walk” was taking place which we attended both days. As always great Art displayed, smiling and friendly faces, and a parade of “Art Cars” entertaining more than ever. I also produced a video for that event and another one when the butterfly bicycles where riding around and around! You will just have to watch that one also. One more... a reminder that the “One-Pan Recipe” store is open. Would love to hear feedback, it is and always be work in progress... All this has not left much time for riding. Have to fill that void now as we will be taking off toward “Big Bend State Park” tomorrow morning. A quiet Thanksgiving we will have as soon as I find a patch of dirt to set up our tent for a few days. The weather? Perfection. Cannot ask for more.
Enjoy... we did.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Beemerchef,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Spirit!!!!
I am logging on now to your journal!
Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... 5p5n-L.jpg[/img]

“TASCATE 2”... A Star? Yes... TX

Totally enlightening few days Spirit and I roaming “Big Bend Ranch State Park”. Another million acres of desolate land set aside for us it seemed liked with so few others most likely because everyone being so scattered. All unpaved, some decent ones, some bad ones meaning “good” and some we ourselves did not attempt! The campsites are solitary, miles away from each other, it is as the bare spaces are on loan for the duration to be enjoyed, for one such as myself rummage the mind and soul of this Life I have chosen. Clear skies one day with mid thirties throughout the consecutive nights, clouds another day offering the most incredible Sunset witnessed on Thanksgiving Day, and rain for the remainder. Much needed yet allowing us to exit with much ease. It is not designed for an overnight camping! Sauceda, the Welcome Center, is out of the way, it is a space to enjoy for days on end, bags filled with provisions, they do have water. Off Road motorcycles were of a few, 4x4's and a few horses. Probably the most convenient way to get around. It was good, it was better than that!
Enjoy the photos and the cooking!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Beemerchef

Post by Beemerchef »

[img]http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i- ... hVKn-M.jpg[/img]

On “Oasis” time, our time… TX

The weather has been some form of a miracle this week, Sunrises and Sunsets as never seen before, I even asked myself the question “what is going on?”. My own way to take it all in has been “doing nothing”. Trying anyhow. Just be within this Paradise absorbing every minute given with no relief yet in sight. It could also be taking it all in because we are in route for Austin next week, celebration for two Dear Friends of ours in conjunction with Lone Star’s BMW Christmas Party (???) on Saturday the 10th. Ardys Kellerman and Voni Glaves having reached their Million Mile marker each on their motorcycle. A Lifetime achievement I would say. It will be a nice ride for us, rain or shine, another stage filled with Friends I am sure. “Old Faithful” did get some care though this week, one set of headlights working again, brake fluid change, new handlebar grip covers and a windshield extension. All with the Hippos (hand covers they are) should keep the wheels rolling in a bit more comfort. Spirit has always his cover when the skies start dropping on us, also shelters him from the cold winds if ever. We are prepared… always. Almost forgot! Much Music on Sunday in front of the Starlight’s Parking lot. Yes, that is how it happens here. Friends get together and make Music.

Enjoy the video…

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

5 years, the Stars, living under them…