The Portland Trailblazers did right...

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
JTF
XXX

The Portland Trailblazers did right...

Post by JTF »

Friday, January 21, 2005
Forward admits dog wasn't cared for properly

------------------------------------------------------------Associated Press

OREGON CITY, Ore.-- The Portland Trail Blazers waived forward Qyntel Woods on Friday, the same day the player pleaded guilty to abusing his pit bull.

Woods, 23, appeared in court to enter the misdemeanor plea, part of an agreement after an investigation into allegations of dog fighting. He was sentenced to 12 months of probation and 80 hours of community service.

"In light of today's developments, it is clear that the Trail Blazers and Qyntel Woods must part ways," Trail Blazers president Steve Patterson said in a statement. "We are confident that this action is both justified and appropriate."

Woods' attorney Stephen Houze made a brief statement in court that acknowledged the player had not taken proper care of his pit bull but did not mention dog fighting.

"I've tried to be a responsible pet owner all my life. Because of that, I am very sorry and saddened that my dog, Hollywood, was injured," Woods said in the statement read by his attorney. "I also deeply regret the concern this has caused other pet owners and citizens in our community."

Woods had faced a more serious charge of dog fighting, a felony in Oregon. Promoting or conducting dog fighting is punishable by up to $100,000 in fines and up to five years in jail.

The Trail Blazers suspended Woods indefinitely without pay Oct. 12. He was in the final year of a three-year contract that would have paid him $1.1 million.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: The Portland Trailblazers did right...

Post by Jennifer »

JTF,
Fucking yeah....thanks for putting this up! :X :X
bcddjjsc690

Re: The Portland Trailblazers did right...

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

JTF,
This story says a lot .. as the owner of a Akita/pit. It just sucks when someone asks what breed is you dog? And when you answer ,and they cringe .Like my dog was born with the taste for flesh, their's or another dogs. 20 years ago it Dobermans, Ten years ago it was Rottweiller's .All the news story 's like this or ones that have "Child mauled by pit bull " as a header..have a strong link that ties them all together..THE OWNER is an ASSHOLE ! No dog acts this way normally ,it's a behavior that is directy tied to whomever raised it. If the owner is a criminal,{in this case dumb athelete } then the dog doesn't have a chance .It's not the dogs fault ,and when they plead offenses down, as in this case from felony - mistm. The local authorities aren't helping anyone .Just another slap on the wrist .. b.b b.b

responcible owner my ass!!! ]:o(
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "