letter i read from boycott iams

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
snowdog2004

letter i read from boycott iams

Post by snowdog2004 »

this letter i just read which i will post will disturb everyone that has fed there dogs iams dog food has i did.

For nearly 10 months in 2002 and early 2003, a PETA investigator went undercover at an Iams contract testing laboratory and discovered a dark and sordid secret beneath the wholesome image of the dog- and cat-food manufacturer: dogs gone crazy from intense confinement to barren steel cages and cement cells, dogs left piled on a filthy paint-chipped floor after having chunks of muscle hacked from their thighs; dogs surgically debarked; horribly sick dogs and cats languishing in their cages, neglected and left to suffer with no veterinary care.

Iams lied to PETA with promises to improve the conditions for animals in its contract laboratories, even assuring us that enrichment programs were already in place, but our undercover investigator saw otherwise. She fought for six months to have a single cheap, rubber toy placed in each cold, lonely kennel. This is Iams’ idea of enrichment.

Our video footage shows Iams representatives touring the facility and witnessing dogs’ endless circling in barren cells, sweltering in the summer heat. Iams knew the truth yet did nothing to protect the animals.

The dogs and cats in Iams’ tests are no different from our dogs and cats at home when it comes to deserving companionship, play, a stimulating environment, and the right not to be tormented in painful experiments.

Luckily, caring consumers know that advances in nutrition don’t have to come at the expense of animals in labs. Help PETA force Iams to end these painful and unnecessary tests, as many compassionate companies have already done. now the pictures that were on this web site made my stomache turn never ever ever again will i buy an iams product after learning this

]:o( ]:o( ]:o( ]:o(
cry me a river build me a bridge and get the flying fuck over it
koda

Re: letter i read from boycott iams

Post by koda »

snowdog2004,
Those FUCKS! I've seen so many sites showing the horrible conditions that innocent animals are FORCED against their wills to endure...A hellish, agonizing existence...and I cannot understand how the fuck anyone can see it and not feel GRIEF and PAIN and COMPASSION and be MOVED to act, to do SOMETHING to help put a stop to it! I don't use IAMS but I'm certain they're only one of many that allow or even encourage shit like that....My God how can they turn a blind eye? Animal testing of any kind must be stopped!!!!
Those who laugh...LIVE!
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

snowdog2004,

You know what, we need to get TOP NOTCH LEGAL representation to file a CLASS ACTION lawsuit....call it "Owners that have suffered because of the knowlegde that their pets ate IAMS caused them severe depression, lost time from work, costs for vets and special care for their beloved pets for feeding them that bullshit".

I am going to look for the Johnny Cochran of pet rights and pursue this one.

I will holla back,
Big T
Where is the LOVE?
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

tis2flyyy,

I am serious about this one. This is bullshit. The only way to make tghese companies take notice is to hit them in the pockets, for real.
Where is the LOVE?
koda

Post by koda »

tis2flyyy,
[Font size=5 face=s color=Red]RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/font]
Those who laugh...LIVE!