Help....Dazed and Confused

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
sunburb

Help....Dazed and Confused

Post by sunburb »

Been a meat eater all my life.Today I watched "Meet your meat"with voice over by Alec Baldwin over at Peta.org.It was one of the most most disturbing things i have ever seen.Ive have had dogs,kitties,and rabbits all my life as pets.Never any inhumane treament whatsoever!I know it's all relative....so i will clarify by saying....I never hurt them,always give them proper care(food,veternary,hugs,attention). I love them with all my heart,even those past on.
I watch this shit and I see animals in concentration camps.treated like slaves and even much worse.Worse yet,I see animals that i have consumed on a regular basis throughout my entire life. ]:o( I felt wretched and pathetic after watching this shit.Cryed and talked to some good friends on the phone.Some were with me,some were like whatever.I couldnt stand it.My question is, should i become vegan or should I just press for boycott until our animal friends recieve far better treatment?
Sunburn
Highly disturbed,angry and confused!
juliatat

Re: Help....Dazed and Confused

Post by juliatat »

sunburb,
Hi, the film is disturbing but very true. This is what happens to those animal before they are cut apart and packaged all nice and neat and put on the grocers shelves.
Now I am lacto/ovo veg. I do eat eggs, but mine come from my friend who has some very happy chickens. All organic veg diet for those birds and they live like chickens are supposed to live, fresh air, water, clean roosts...
I drink milk every now and then but mostly eat cheese, goat milk cheese, from my same friend who has some of the sweetest, prettiest goats around. As an animal activist and welfarist, I see nothing wrong with how her critters are kept. I don't agree wiht the slaughter of pigs but she does treat them very well, they eat well and are happy little things up until the slaughter.
I do not eat dead flesh of tortured animals. Meat is dead and to be healthy, you do not eat dead decaying food. The second an animal is killed, decay begins. Veggies do not have central nervous systems so cut veggies do not constitute dead food.
I can't tell you what to do. All I can do is tell you what I do. Veg lifestyle may not be for everyone but it is a more humane, healthy alternative. Hope this helps some...Julia
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: Help....Dazed and Confused

Post by Jennifer »

sunburb,
When you know better---it's just too fucked up to for me to eat anything with a face anymore.... 8-o 8-o 8-o