Please keep my Ivory kitty in your thoughts....

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
juliatat

Please keep my Ivory kitty in your thoughts....

Post by juliatat »

Ivory has another urinary blockage. His bladder was really full this morning. THe snow was hard as hell to navigate to get him to the vets. I',m a wreck. he'll be at the vets all weekend catherized. He is hurting and so scared, so am I...he was givin to me by one of my dearest friends, Pam, who died this past october, today is Pam's birthday. yesterday was mine. She rescued him by the gs station as a baby...I fell in love immediately....If anything happens to him I don't know what I'll do. I love this cat so much.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: Please keep my Ivory kitty in your thoughts....

Post by Jennifer »

juliatat,
We will keep your baby in our thoughts!! :(
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

Hi, Ivory will be Ok they said...they drained hima nd he is sedated but still being sweet. He's not out of the woods completely but he will make it. He will stay catherized all weekend and on the IV. I'm stopping by on my way home and will see him everyday he is in there. My vet and the girls there really take care of me and my babies.... thank you for the kind thoguhts...Love..>Julia
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

juliatat,
):) yeah!!
Linda Sue

Post by Linda Sue »

juliatat,
Your kitty will be in my prayers. One of my cats had this problem (assumimg his blockage is due to bladder crystals) many years ago and we had to have him catheterized a couple of times. At the vet's advice we started feeding him a special low magnesium food from then on but after that he never had another problem and lived to be almost 20 years old! I'm sure your vet will go over new diet instructions with you to keep this from happening again. It's good that you caught the problem early and got help for him as it can be fatal. God Bless you both and good luck!