The PMU problem

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
mainehorsenut

The PMU problem

Post by mainehorsenut »

Hey all... I first want to thank Richard and Jennifer for supporting Live and Let Live Farm in Chichester, NH. I just adopted a wonderful, smart, super gentle PMU (Pregnant Mare Urine) colt from that farm and they do amazing work! Second, I want to encourage any of you who have the ability to financially support or volunteer for the rescues that are saving PMU horses from slaughter. Because they are bred in Canada, there is nothing humane law in the US can do to save them. All we can do is adopt them from the farms/rescues that go to Canada to buy them from feedlots and auctions. The largest percentage of colts and mares that are culled from urine production are fattened up and sold to slaughter in the spring. Adoption is the only option! If you don't have the time or knowledge to adopt a colt of your own, help save these horses by donating time or money to Live and Let Live Farm (http://www.liveandletlivefarm.org) or to any of the other rescues in your area that rescue PMU foals. I have attached a picture of me and my new baby! I'd adopt more if I had the money! In fact, send me a fucking check and I'll adopt some more, hehe! No shit! In fact, if anyone wants to support this effort, email me. For each $1000 I raise, I'll adopt another colt. I'll also set up a website that will credit each donor for their donation and make them "god-parents" of the colts that I'm able to save. I'll raise and train them, and you'll get updates and emails from your "god-foal". You'll also get the satisfaction of knowing that you helped save a life. This could be fun!
mainehorsenut

Re: The PMU problem

Post by mainehorsenut »

Hi, sorry, the picture didn't attach... I'll try again!
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/post_attach/cute face.JPG[/img]
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

mainehorsenut,
so cute!! Hi...and welcome!!! ):) :-x
Appy Lucia

Post by Appy Lucia »

mainehorsenut,
Congrats on your adoption. I recently adopted a beautiful appy filly out of the Canadian group from 2001 through loveofhorses. She will become an official Hoosier horse the week of March 6th and I can already tell that she's going to be a real celebrity in the barn! Everybody there is welcoming her with open arms (humans & horses alike). I agree that I would do the same (adopt more) if I had the money. Currently, I am looking for some land to buy to support several more of these magnificent creatures. The other thing that I wanted to mention was the equine slaughterhouse in Dekalb, Illlinois. I know that there are horses being stolen and obtained through other undesireable means to supply this house or horrors with animals. The one thing that I would ask people to do is to write to their legislators to try to support the HR 857 bill and ban the practice of slaughtering these magnificent animals in the USA altogether. My greatest desire is to shut down these slaughter houses. They are owned by Europeans and supplied by PMU ranchers. Why should we let them come to do their dirty work in our own back yards? So, I have waged war against all the legislators who have voted down this bill and am constantly bothering the ones who will be voting on it (if it ever comes out of the Energy & Conservation committee). I urge everyone & anyone to write to their legislators and urge them to vote yes on HR 857. This is no way to treat the animals whose sweat and labor built this country. This is no way to treat any animal. It's inhumane and morally wrong. Thanks.

):)