I have to vent...

Information about animal rescue and adoption. Also, discussions and information concerning animal rights.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
juliatat

I have to vent...

Post by juliatat »

People amaze me. I have a lady that has relinquished 2 pups she took in (the mother abandoned them) then chained because she was scared they would get killed.
I can't stand to see a dog chained and these 2 are coming into heat soon so time is of the essense. There are also 3 cats that need placement. She has signed a paper giving me permission to do so....
Here's the vent...so many good people are trying to help find homes for htem and then there are a bunch of pompous, ignorant asses that are screaming at me to call the police! Where the hell do these idiots think I am????I am in rural KY. There are no low cost s/n clinics here. I do not have the money to just pay for all of them to be s/n. Damnmit, I have 6 dogs and 9 cats to care for myself, along with theri vet bills!!!! I can't just pay nearly 500 bucks for all of these to be s/n and get shots. If business were better then maybre I would be able to take on another bill but winters suck here.
If I call the police, the animals will be taken to the pound and euth'd!!!Just the dogs, tho, because there is NO place for cats around here. What is so wrong about trying to find homes for them? What is so wrong about trying to liberate these chained dogs? What the hell do these assholes expect from me????
I will NOT make an enemy out of a neighbor, not after what happened to my precious Jigs and Jackson...they were shot in my home by my neighbor and the fucking law here slappe dthe redneck bastard on his wrist!!!!
Thank the heavnes for the kind hearted people that are trying to help these sweet babies...damn the others. They better not ever ask me for help. (I can't even say that right...if it comes to an animal, of course I'd help)
I know not everyone lives in rural areas where resources are few and far between but you would think they would want to learn and understand and maybe,just maybe, try to help and change things...arrggghhhh!!!!!!
Anyway, I feel better, I think...I got to cuss a bit....you can see pics of them on my webshots in the album titiled chained...

http://community.webshots.com/user/juliatat/1

Thanks for having this forum where i can cuss and no one will ban me...Julia
juliatat

Re: I have to vent...

Post by juliatat »

Bit of an update...one sweet lady has donated the shots and spays for the 2 pups! They go to the vet first thing in the morning! Whew! Now to find them placement and something for the 3 cats...these 2 poor girls jsut cannot live their lives on the end of a chain...they have to be freed...
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

The 2 pups are recovering nicely from the trip to the vets yeterday. They don't seem to be holding any grudges. Still need to get the cats done...and find homes for them all.
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

I think this will be my last rescue effort. I just can't keep doing this. I've put so much into trying to help these babies and it's all been for nothing. The pups are spayed and ready for homes and no one wants them. It makes me sick seeing them on chains but what the hell am I supposed to do? I do not have room for them at my house. I already have 6 dogs and 9 cats and they all want to sleep in my room at night. It's really crowded. Did I even do them any good? I have appointments for the kitties on Tuesday but it won't help much if they are all going to have to keep living in the cold and rain. It may be better to euth them. So many cats suffer int this world every day. These just isn't enough room or homes because STINKING IDIOTIC MORONS THAT HAVE THE BRAINS OF FUCKING DUST MOPS DON'T SPAY AND NEUTER!!!! One lady said could help if I had them tested but she can't help fund that so I don't know. I've only collected enough to s/n them, not enough to test and vaccinate. I just know I'm tired and played out. I want to crawl under a rock and cry and hide.
My friends are in trouble emotionally and I can't be there for them. I am chewing everyones heads off because I feel like shit. I hate my old man right now. Fucking pompous asshole. I have to do everything by myself so what the hell good is he?
I know s/n will keep others from winding up homeless but what about them? Do I condemn them to lives on chains and out in the elements? Someone help me here...do I euth thema nd forget it, do I s/n and keep trying? What the fuck am I supposed to do? I'm just one person and I feel so damned worthless. Sorry, had to post somewhere I could cuss. I'm supposed to be the tough girl, the one that has a clue, I can't keep falling apart like this...fuck me running...
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

juliatat,
You can't stop fighting the good fight---animlas need you!It is a hard and painful fight but one worth the emotional pain for there is great reward... :-x
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

Hi Jennifer, I know but it's so hard...so much is going on in the world and it is heartbreaking that these 2 pups and 3 cats were born into a world with no place for them.
I am working my ass off trying to find placement for these pups and 3 cats. The pups might, jsut might, have somewhere to go...nothing for these cats. I mean nothing. I may be able to talk a friend into one of them...he jsut lost his kitty to old age and said he's not ready for another...but that would only be one cat...
I'm going home in a bit and I plan on crashing big time. Maybe if I can get some sleep I'll feel better...I haven't slept decent in over a week.
Thanks, Jennifer, I'll keep on keeping on...I always do somehow...
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

The litties go to the vet first thing in the morning for s/n.
Life has a way of twisting and turning doesn't it? I might have a home for 2 of the cats. My friend lost his cat Lucky last week. He loved her so much. She quietly died in her sleep, she was very old. He didn't think he could take another cat, he misses her so much, but he said I could bring 2 of them to hima nd he would give it a try. If it doesn't work out, he is still willing to foster them until I can find placement. I still don't have enough for testing and shots but I will see when I go in tomorrow if they can work something out for me. Please wish me luck in this and say a gentle prayer to whomever you pray to that these babies will find a home for life...and that I have the strength to keep going...Julia
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

juliatat,
You keep going girl---we are here for you!I one fostered a dog for a year before I placed him...this work takes extroidinary patience...and love ---i know you have both...
juliatat

Post by juliatat »

What a morning! whew...and the day still isn't over...I had 4 cats and 2 dogs in the car this morning. The cats have never been in a car and were freaking. One of them crapped all over himself and the carrier but they will clean him up at the vets. The staples came out the pups, incisions look good. They MAY be getting homes in NJ, don't quite know if it's a definate yet.
koda

Post by koda »

juliatat,
I think what you're doing is awesome! AND I understand that whupped, pissed off, I've HAD it feelin BIG time! Been there done that but ya know what? You'll do it again cuz ya CARE & I just love ya for it!!! If I might make a suggestion...Try havin a long talk with your local vet & tell him or her just what you're doing & what you've been up against...maybe the vet would be willing to volunteer some freebies, like s/n or start a fund for this kinda thing. I come from a sorta rural area too and one of our local vets volunteers at the local shelter so when peeps get a pup or kitty the s/n is included as well as a follow up and first vax. It's worth a shot! I wish you the very best! The world needs lots more like ya! Kudos to you & hugs to you & your fur kids!!! Luv Koda :) ):)
Those who laugh...LIVE!