Lil Kim says she's not happy with Biggie biopic

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Lil Kim says she's not happy with Biggie biopic

Post by tamra »

says she's always been about self-respect. really?

Lil Kim not happy with Biggie biopic
Rapper says film is full of lies about relationship, but others dismiss her

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28641682/ - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28641682/'

updated 3:16 p.m. ET, Tues., Jan. 13, 2009

NEW YORK - Lil Kim was a big part of the Notorious B.I.G.’s life, but she’s not happy about the way she’s portrayed in the new biopic about the late rapper.

The Notorious B.I.G. was Lil Kim's mentor and was also romantically linked to the rapper. Their sometimes rocky relationship is depicted in the new movie "Notorious," but Lil Kim doesn't think it's very accurate.

In a statement, she said: "The film studio and producers involved were more concerned about painting me as a 'character' to create a more interesting story line instead of a person with talent, self-respect and who was able to achieve her own career success through hard work."

She added: "Even though my relationship with Big was at times very difficult and complicated (as with most relationships we have all experienced at one time or another), it was also genuine and built on great admiration and love for each other. Regardless of the many lies in the movie and false portrayal of me to help carry a story line through, I will still continue to carry his legacy through my hard work and music."

But Wallace's mother, Voletta Wallace, dismissed Lil Kim's criticisms of the movie in an interview on Monday.

"This is not a Lil Kim movie," she said. "This is a Christopher Wallace movie. It has nothing to do with Lil Kim. If she's disappointed and upset, that is her problem."

At the film's New York premiere last week, "Notorious" screenwriter Cheo Hodari Coker said he understands why Lil Kim might not like the film, but added: "I think that Naturi (Naughton) did a great job playing Kim. I think people are going to be a lot more sympathetic towards (Lil Kim) after seeing the movie."

Wayne Barrow -- Biggie's former manager and a producer on the movie -- expressed less patience with Kim's attitude.

"Our job as producers ... was to deliver for three individuals. That's his mom and his two children. Everybody else: Stand in line, buy a ticket and enjoy the show."

"Notorious" chronicles the life and untimely death of the Notorious B.I.G., who was shot to death in 1997 and remains one of rap's most important figures. It opens in theaters this Friday.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Lil Kim's self-respect right here, a prison wall favorite ;)
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... il_kim.jpg[/img]
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
robfharris

Re: Lil Kim says she's not happy with Biggie biopic

Post by robfharris »

tamra,
Unfortunately, she was 'the other woman' and that is very hard for her to accept.
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Lil Kim says she's not happy with Biggie biopic

Post by tamra »

robfharris,

Yup a notorious sidepiece @ that 8-o no pun intended. :lol:

But how somebody like Biggie get all those women? :lol: Jamal Woolard was attractive, but Big? He must have had a lot of charm, A LOT.

But sidepiece or not, it was clearly love w/Lil Kim because she knew him when.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.