The Happening

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Anditsdeeptoo

The Happening

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

I'm officially done giving M. Night Shymalan (sp?) my money! If this movie was intentionally funny, it was brilliant. If it was meant as a drama, it's the worst movie ever!!!!
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: The Happening

Post by tamra »

Anditsdeeptoo,

:lol: if you saw The Village, that should have been where you threw in the towel! I didn't see The Village or Signs @ the theater, but on cable. but The Village was friggin' stupid! beyond stupid. I wanted to throw the tv until it hit Shymalan! Signs was okay and intriguing.

The Sixth Sense & Unbreakable were his best. after seeing The Village on cable, I said it'll take a good review from God, Moses and Jesus to see his next one in theater.

Shymalan should just hook up w/the producers of Scary Movie to tell them what he was planning so the Scary Movie producers can do it better! :)

because now when I hear from M. Knight Shymalan, it's like hearing "from the producers of The Fast and The Furious" - I just say "no thanks, I'm good."
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Anditsdeeptoo,
I snuck in to see it after seeing the Incredible Hulk since I didnt have to [/i]pay[/i] I enjoyed and appreciated.. ;)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

tamra,

His movies have gotten progressively worse for me. I loved 6th sense, Unbreakable was pretty good. I even kind of enjoyed The Village and then Signs to a lesser extent. It's my own fault for giving this man my money every damn time. I'm feel like a crack head, hoping for that same fix I got the first time!

Post by tamra »

Anditsdeeptoo,

:lol: I know, The Sixth Sense was the first hit that got you high and hooked. now you want that same rush again and keep trying and trying. just say no, my brotha, just say no, UNLESS his next movie is FREE. :lol: or you sneak in like Bingolong :lol:

but The Sixth Sense, I ain't been scared like that in I don't know how long. I usually predict the outcome of scary movies, so predictable. The Ring (when chick comes out the TV, whoooaaaa, I even jumped back! :lol:), The Craft (creepy snakes & rats scene, still can't watch w/out covers), and Copy Cat (Sigourney Weaver, Holly Hunter) were the only other recent movies that have scared me since seeing original Psycho and The Exorcist for the first time.

Shyamalan had better call me and tell me the plot of his next movie before I waste my time. @.@
---
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

tamra,

Scariest movie I saw this year has been Sex And The City... A movie that proves men aren't the only creatures that will wait in line till midnight to see a movie about prehistoric monsters.

Post by tamra »

Anditsdeeptoo,

:lol: LMFAO!!! u ain't right! :lol: I had to see Sex In The City movie, I watched the series faithfully since 1st season. and I love me some Kim Cattrall.

by the way, The Happening preview was shown at Sex In The City showing and all I can think was "did Mark Wahlberg have a habit to support or something? why'd he do movie?" :lol:
---
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

tamra,

oooh and Marky Mark played a straight up pansy in the movie. I was Cuba Gooding Jr. embarassed for him.