Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
SJD

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Post by SJD »

I went to watch the day it came out. It is funny as hell!!! It's a spoof of all types bio movies that came out recently and in the past; Walk the Line, Ray, Hendrix, Balls of Fire, La Bamba, The Doors, THe Buddy Holly Story, etc. It is really funny and the music is actually really good even if some songs have really strong innuendos about oral love and stuff that is a bit offensive. There's a little something at the end after all the credits go up.

John C. Reilly really does a good job in this and earned himself a Golden Globe nomination for best actor in a musical or comedy. Tim Meadows has several scenes that stand out. Jenna Fischer was also a standout in this too since being in american: the Office.

But seriously it's really funny, which is not suprising seeing how everyone from the Judd Apatow group are involved. Here's a trailer........

[Font size=5 face=t color=red]Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story[/font]
[Font size=5 face=t color=red]TRAILER COMMERCIAL[/font]

][Font size=4 face=t color=red]Jackson Browne on Dewey Cox[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]Lyle Lovett on Dewey Cox[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]Jewel on Dewey Cox[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]GhostFace Killah on Dewey Cox[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]Nominated for Two Golden Globes[/font]

[Font size=5 face=t color=red]A Dewey Cox Christmas[/font]

[img]http://www.firstshowing.net/img/walk-ha ... er-big.jpg[/img]
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Post by tamra »

SJD,

for the life of me I couldn't remember Reilly's last name, so thanks for posting this. yet Reilly's only been some pretty classic favorites of mine (Boogie Nights and Never Been Kissed). I didn't check this out, but should have. :( for some reason Talledaga Nights made me not see this one. I didn't think that movie was that funny.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.