wow, wow, wow - Led Zeppelin to reunite for a Ahmet tribute

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
EddieHill

Re: wow, wow, wow - Led Zeppelin to reunite for a Ahmet tribute

Post by EddieHill »

tamra, Why hell VH only made 92 million on their last tour and it was the most profitable VH tour ever. Dave done something right. Who knows what happened to Plant , ya want to think he is getting it on with Allison that is why no reunion. Hope he did not turn gay when he went to India and left good old Satan and Jimmy Page`s occult store. We would all like to see LZ one more time. O2 Arena show was great.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

tamra, Led Zeppelin is working on a new studio album with a new singer because Plant does not want to tour and he is with Alison Kraus. They are planning on getting someone to replace Plant if he is a no go. I would like to see a bunch of people fill in for Plant and go as an All Star cast on a tour. Sammy Hagar, Chris Robinson, David Coverdale, The singer for Great White, Anne and Nancy Wilson and the freaky lady from Lez Zeppelin that can sing her ass off. And if anyone wants to play guitar along side Page that would be great too. It is so sad our rock stars are old and almost ready to kick the buckett and we are right behind them.
:lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I hate to say this since I just turned 50 but unless song writers really took care of themselves in their youth and had a weird work ethic or really from a background of musical training in terms of being able to notate (do arrangements, theory etc.)right around mid-30's their ability to duplicate the great stuff in their youth disappears. It's sad and mysterious. The old ones seemed more able to do it because they were always hungry but it's a very short list. Elton John, Paul Mccartney, Randy Newman but the bulk of the great writers who actually kicked ass pass their prime were like older 1920, 30's and 40's guys (who never got rich) or famous classical composers from ancient times....
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, My radio station that I grew up with K-SHE 95 is like an oldies station. When I was in my late teens and 20`s I was amazed by the tunes from the 50`s and 60`s that they played on the oldie stations and on am radio. It blows me away how much time has passed. Sometimes I go down into my basement and open my cd cases and look at my collection and in a matter of a few seconds I can hear in my head how each song goes on evey cd I look at and then I go back up stairs and watch tv. I do take the time and listen to the new releases that I buy. What can I say? I am just old and fried.
:lol:
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

tamra,LZ has stopped working together and are no longer trying to replace Robert Plant. Van Halen plans on making a new cd when Wholfgang finishes high school. And they are going to leave it up to Dave if they go on tour or not to support the new cd.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

EddieHill,

Yeah I've given up on a tour. The lucky ones were the folks who got to attend the recent Ahmet Ertgeund tribute. That looks like the end for concerts. But how much more perfect could it get: the son of John Paul Bonham to fill in perfectly. @.@

Who knows who the real hold out is. Like in the case of VH, it seemed to be both Eddie and Roth back and forth nonsense. So Plant may not be the sole problem. Just sad that an iconic band can't get it together while there's still a chance, even to make a new and final CD.
:(
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

tamra,
My vote is for Peewee Herman to handle Plant's vocals or Carol Channing...
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

tamra, I wish I would spend more time rocking out, I quess I am getting old. Ronnie James Dio is 67 his voice is still great and he is being treated for stomach cancer and he is going to tour with Heaven & Hell {Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals.}this summer. Kiss- {Gene and Paul}, and Ozzy Osbourne, Ian Gillian, and Roger Daltry of the Who and several other bands should just retire. It seems like a lot of them could still make 1 or 2 great songs on an album and they can`t perform live very well. I do not go to see bands anymore because I do not like the idea of being an old crust bucked paying money to see another old crust bucket. We have ATT UV HDTV and once in a while I will watch something on HDNET or VH1 Classic.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

EddieHill,

I just wish Led Zepp would set aside its differences & get on stage while there's still a chance. all the pieces are there. ridiculous :(
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,
Ditto...I read that Steven Tyler from Aerosmith failed the audition to replace Robert Plant for the proposed tour. There's a video on u2b of Tyler rehearsing The Immigrant Song with Jimmy Page and he really really sucks doing Zep.
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP