wow, wow, wow - Led Zeppelin to reunite for a Ahmet tribute

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

wow, wow, wow - Led Zeppelin to reunite for a Ahmet tribute

Post by tamra »

http://m.cnn.com/cnn/ne/ent/detail/16377
Led Zeppelin re-forming for concert

UPDATED: 02:54 PM EDT September 12, 2007
LONDON, England (CNN)

Rock legends Led Zeppelin are to reform for the first time in 19 years for a one-off concert in London, the band announced Wednesday.

Singer Robert Plant, 59, last week hinted that the band were reforming when a fan asked him about the possibility of a performance.

He replied: "How did you know about that?", the British Press Association reported.

The three surviving original band members -- Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones -- will play a concert at the O2 Arena November 26, organized by promoter Harvey Goldsmith. The show will pay tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, whom Robert Plant described as "a close friend and conspirator."

In 1968, Led Zeppelin became the first rock band Ertegun signed to Atlantic, a label which had been better known for soul and R&B music before then.

The Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman, Foreigner and young Scottish singer Paolo Nutini -- the last British act Ertegun signed -- will also play at the tribute concert. The show is a "tribute from UK artists that Ertegun worked with in a 60-year career," according to a press release.

The Zeppelin performance would also coincide with a new "Best Of Led Zeppelin" CD due to be released in November.

Promoter Harvey Goldsmith said plans are for one show only, and there was no commitment or discussion of a tour or other dates.

The band broke up in 1980 when drummer John Bonham died after a drinking binge.

His son, Jason, will join the band on stage.

The band have played several times since they split, including at Live Aid in 1985.

Led Zeppelin have sold around 200 million albums, including more than 100 million in the U.S.

Money raised from ticket sales will go to the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, which provides students with annual scholarships to universities in the United States, UK and Ertegun's native Turkey.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
hellifiknow

Re: wow, wow, wow - Led Zeppelin to reunite for a Ahmet tribute

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,

I just registered at
www.ahmettribute.com - www.ahmettribute.com '

There will be a drawing for the chance to purchase tickets, each registration selected can buy two tickets.

My sons excited because he might get to see Led Zep, I told him he better hope he's old enough to go, and he better hope that they got childrens waiting areas at the smoke shops and whore houses in Amsterdam too. ;p
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
tamra

Post by tamra »

hellifiknow,

cool. :) I hope you do win. and I forgot about the Amsterdam factor. sweet bonus too.

:lol: @ children's waiting area. actually there is, but the problem is the parents keep forgetting to pick the kids up. but the city is working on tie a buzzer around parents' neck thingy. the ass buzzer prototype didn't work, it kept reminding the parents of their spouse. hahaha get it, pain in the ass hahaha, damn I made a corny funny. okay, okay @.@ I'm putting the pipe down now...killjoy. :)
---
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

hellifiknow,
i will not say the cost of tickets are sky high wich they are but i dont knock the Rolling Stones for doin what thier doin cause the songs they did is the reason thier on tour an i like them...they make many millions an millions on each date....i know cause was around when they had concerts.....an seen what they did...i can imagine Led Zeppelin could have done the same but then i can see why they disbanded under the stigma .......an i repsect that they have not done anything .......but hell they could make as much or more than the Stones if they toured....maybe they need the money enough now to do it.......i hope so cause i would like to see them
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

tamra, This is great and they are going to release more songs from The Song Remains The Same Concerts ( To Go On My Shelf With My Bootleg Versions} in November with a new greatest hits package. Let us pray that they do a full tour because I would pay a hundred bucks to see those guys. Alright dammit! We want and old school metal showdown and we want Black Sabbath with Ozzy and Bill Ward, to tour with Led Zeppelin openning for each other every other city.
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

hellifiknow,

I forget exactly , somewhere around 1988 ,Zeppelin had first re-formed with Jason on drums , at the Atlantic Recording Co, birthday party , for Ahmet ,

The next night in Hartford, I caught Robert Plant in his Now and Zen tour, opening act , Stevie Ray Vaughn
:) :D

there should be concert to remember John Bonham ):)

12 years ago I caught the Unledded Tour twice in 6 days , Hartford , then New York , 1995 , talk about getting your Zeppelin on !!!

"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
SJD

Post by SJD »

This is great to know that they are coming back. Well maybe for one show but that's still amazing. Man, I only wish I could be there. Zeppelin is the greatest band. They were an all around band, rock, folk, blues, and some funk and raggae. And of course Zeppelin and Black Sabbath are when Heavy Metal began. Here are some things you'll enjoy that I found here and there. There are many songs here that you may know or may not so discover and please do not pass on this. Peace B-)

[Font size=7 face=t color=red]Led Zeppelin[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]The Ocean[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]D'yer Mak'er[/font][Font size=2 face=v color=red] : not a video again but don't miss out on Led Zeppelin's reggae song. Some pronounce Die-er Make-er, but I heard it's actaully pronounced Jamai'ker or (Jaah-May-Ker). Great great great song.... and a great love song.[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]The Crunge[/font][Font size=2 face=v color=red] : this isn't a video but that shouldn't matter. Zeppelin are also influenced by James Brown and here they do a little tribute and lay down the FUNK from their 'Houses of the Holy' album.[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]The Crunge "LIVE"[/font] [Font size=2 face=v color=red] : This video isn't an actual video but a rare live bootlegged version of "the Crunge' but that shouldn't stop anybody so enjoy it still brings down a Funk'E'er Zeppelin.[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]In My Time of Dying[/font][Font size=2 face=v color=red] : a real heavy blues cover[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]Over the Hills and Far Away[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]The Rain Song[/font] [Font size=2 face=v color=red]:just beautiful[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]Kashmir[/font][Font size=2 face=v color=red] : Another song that shows their diversity in intergrating music from all over by giving a middle eastern style heavy metal.[/font]

[Font size=4 face=t color=red]Stairway to Heaven[/font][Font size=2 face=v color=red] : Enough Said[/font]

[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"
tamra

Post by tamra »

SJD,

it would be awesome if they would tour just one more time - PLEASEEEEE!!!! the time is now, and talk about a spectular event. they don't need special effects, nothing, just show up and play. even those who couldn't get in would enjoy a show outside

[font color=Blue]http://www.cnn.com - cnn.com'
http://m.cnn.com/cnn/null/ent/detail/45822 - cnn.com - mobile'

More music for Led Zeppelin after reunion?
Will Led Zeppelin's long-awaited reunion lead to more concerts?

Guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant and bass player John Paul Jones will perform Monday at London's 02 Arena, a benefit tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year.

It will be the rock band's first concert in almost two decades.

"I must say that after our initial get-together it was so exhilarating and fun that I did feel I would like to do more," Q music magazine quoted Page, 63, as saying.

"I've got things I've been working on for the past four years that I'm proud of," he says. "Some of the songs I've got ready are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career."

Jones, 61, tells both Q and Rolling Stone magazine that he has no idea whether more concerts will follow.

"I guess the door has been left slightly ajar," he tells Q. "We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards."

Plant, 59, tells Rolling Stone magazine in its December 13 issue: "If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody."

And if there is no more Led Zeppelin after Monday's show, "That's fine," he says, "because we will do it with a good heart."

Led Zeppelin split up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham. They will be joined at Monday's concert by Bonham's son Jason.[/font]

wtf??? 8-o it would be so awesome if these guys would just TOUR!!!! do they have no clue as to how much of a cornerstone to rock and roll they are?? it's agonizing not having them tour, because it's like having all The Beatles alive again, then Hendrix, Jim Morrison/The Doors, Creedance Clear Water, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Otis Redding and The Rolling Stones pop over to their house for dinner and all they can think of doing is playing scramble while dodging call after call from promoters.

if Jason Bonham can rock like his dad did - TOURRRRRR!!!! PLZZZZZ. and we'll be there. ah-ite!
---
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,

This is the set list from the most anticipated rock event in years ,

Concert set list follows

Good Times, Bad Times
Ramble On
Black Dog
In My Time of Dying
For Your Life (first time ever played live)
Trampled Under Foot
Nobody's Fault but Mine
No Quarter
Since I've Been Loving You
Dazed and Confused
Stairway to Heaven
The Song Remains the Same
Misty Mountain Hop
Kashmir

Encore
Whole Lotta Love
Rock and Roll

I know first hand how the chills felt sitting in an arena waiting for the greatest rock band ever,to take the stage.
And I'll always remember the looks on people's face when they played Ramble On , in MSG , NY . We all were just sat there , mouths agape, just in awe, 2 of the greatest concerts I've ever seen,

HAMMERS OF THE GODS !!!!!!!!!!
Here's how the show started ....

- lz02'
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
SJD

Post by SJD »

bcddjjsc690 and all,

ImageImage

Oh how I wish I was there. :(

yes there's hope... :)

their interview and more about a playing again with the rolling stone at this link...http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/led ... _its_there - Interveiw about CONCERT and more'

more photos from the event and who went at this link...http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gall ... tos_from/1 - Reunion Concert pictures'................but WAIT that's not all! Here's a little something extra.......

[Font size=4 face=t color=Red]"How Many More Times" performed by?!?!?... you guessed it Led Zeppelin[/font]
Part 1

Part 1 : that's if the above ain't going

Part 2
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"