Sly & the family Stone concert????

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
blumustard

Sly & the family Stone concert????

Post by blumustard »

WTF??
Last time he vommited at the grammies.
Now he is playing at the north sea jazz festival in the Netherlands.
Shit..them tickets are sooo expensive.
http://www.northseajazz.nl/show.asp?sid=4983 - Sly'
EddieHill

Re: Sly & the family Stone concert????

Post by EddieHill »

blumustard, That would be a hell of a party to see him there. I would not sit in the front row without a raincoat with my hood up in case he was still ralphing everywhere.
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

EddieHill,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll bring my umbrella ela ela e e e

ps.Check out the whole lineup..snoop dogg,Wynton Marsalis etc..pretty awsome..but to expensive for me.They show it on TV too so I guess it will end up on youtube soon.
I'm saving to see Prince in England..he playing 21 nights in a row in August. ):)
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

blumustard,

It's sad to see what became of Sly. He really was great back in the day. I didn't know he vomitted on stage at the grammies. It was just sad to see him forget the words to his own music while all these other performers were honoring him. What a mess!!

"I'm saving to see Prince in England..he playing 21 nights in a row in August. "

Take me with you please, please, please!!! I'll do anything for a ticket. ;p :lol:

I heard that he mentioned in an interview that he would like to perform with Amy Winehouse. I'd love to see that but Amy has been alot like Sly lately. She's got some serious issues. Supposedly she vomitted on stage, has shown up drunk, missed shows, screwed up songs when she did show up. I don't see Prince tolerating that kinda stuff at all!

"They tried to make me go to rehab and I said no, no, no!"

Post by blumustard »

KMommy,

:lol: :lol: Anything for a ticket?? ):)
I'll buy you a ticket and you can sleep in my bed if you buy 2 round trips to England!
:lol: :lol: :D
I don't think I'm gonna make it to England.
I heard Prince might be in the Big Brother TV show in England.
I mean..American Idol he did..now this perhaps...to me that sux..but then again..imagine prince in Big brother..LOL!!
I think the lovesexy and Parade days are over. :(
Don't think I'll fly to England.Maybe if I win the lottery.
He mentioned he loves Holland in an interview so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that he'll come over here.

I'll try to post the link when Sly plays here..the North sea jazz festival has some sites where they show clips etc.

I don't think Prince will play with Amy(she's hot though!) if she does this kinda shit on stage b.b ( I can sing that and play the Eddie van Halen solo in the dark with one hand :p )
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

blumustard,

If I could afford it I would buy those two tickets!!! :lol: Hey, I think Tamra is a Prince fan also. Maybe we could get her to buy tickets for all three of us?

Oh my that was horrible! I'm embarrassed for Amy since she doesn't have the good sense to be embarrassed for herself! That was almost painful!!! When she isn't loaded she really is good. I love Back to Back, You Know I'm No Good and Love is A Losing Game. Her voice is different yet it sounds familiar. A little like Laureen Hill sometimes. The first time I heard her I kept thinking, "This reminds me of a record sound." I couldn't really explain it but it sounded like listening to some old records on my record player. Then I realized why, the sound reminds me a lot of that Phil Spector sound from the 60's. Amy's sound was old but yet new. Does that make any sense? It's a crap shot if she will be at her best or not but I love the way her band usually sounds. I don't think they get enough credit. They've captured that Spector sound perfectly!

Yeah, I agree the old freaky Prince days are over but in some ways it isn't so bad. I'm glad to see he has matured and wants to provide a better image for younger fans. It's not just about the shock factor anymore. Plus it just wouldn't look right for a guy pushing 50 to still be on stage in a G-string humping the mic, or the stage bed, or the floor...I personally would enjoy it but I can see why he moved on! :lol: Been there done that!

Big Brother??? Well, I couldn't imagine him doing American Idol and he did so anything is possible. I guess he just shocks fans in a different way now. I can see it now, the only time anyone would see Prince's face would be in the opening credits. He would probably stay locked in his room writing and playing his guitar the entire time!

Speaking of embarrassing performances...there was a clip with Michael Jackson performing on stage with James Brown. Actually he was in the audience and James called him on stage. After singing just a little he whispers in James ear and James tells the audience that Michael told him Prince was in the audience and that he should call him up on stage. Prince comes up to the stage being carried, yes carried by his bodyguard Chick. What he then preceded to do was so embarrassing that I just cringed. He starts making these odd noises and then grabs a guitar and plays instead of singing. Ok, I know enough about Prince to know he is more comfortable playing his guitar but he kept wiping his nose and then he starts taking off his shirt and at the very end he actually pulled down a prop and fell off the stage! Considering how he is so careful about suing people for the slightest little thing that seems like copyright infringement I am surprised that he hasn't been successful at getting rid of all copies of that performance.

Brings to mind a discussion I've had with people concerning some of Prince's behavior back in the day. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say he may have dabbled in drugs. At first I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt about that performance until I saw the clip! If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what? 8-o

Please do post the link if Sly performs at the festival!

Post by blumustard »

KMommy,

I love that clip with James Brown,prince and Michael.Haven't seen it for a while but I remember the first time I saw it I thought he was badass...I loved when he ripped that prop off the stage.:lol:
That was in the purple rain days I think.I will always love him but I just don't dig 250$ shows and Big brother.

They have a prince package where you get a round trip from Amsterdam with a concert ticket and his new album.
I think around 250$ all together.
I saw Prince 13 times but I don't think I'm gonna lay down 250$.Maybe for a small club show but not in some big dome in England.

I'll post the Sly link asap!
;p
blumustard

Post by blumustard »

I bet Lauren Hill would still sound ok singing drunk or stoned.
:(
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

blumustard,

Yeah, your right! I think Lauren could pull it off. For most people I know $250.00 is a lot of money when you have rent or a house payment, car... I remember when concert tickets cost $16.00! Gosh, that makes me sound so old!LOL I was shocked when I looked up prices for the last time I saw Prince and the floor tickets were 500.00!!! I don't think I would/could spend 500.00 if Jimmie Hendrick and Marvin Gaye would return for a concert!

Now see how different opinions are? I was embrassed for Prince in that clip cause to me it didn't appear to be any sort of badass on purpose thing he did. It looked sloppy to me like he was out of control sorta. I remember everyone in the room viewing it didn't say a word and we were all kinda staring with our mouths open. Like WTF? Finally someone said how disrespectful it appeared to act that way when your a guest on stage with James Brown. It was nice of Michael to ask James to bring him up to the stage.

[img][/img]

I still love the guy!!! Been a fan since the 70's and many times during the course of his career I've asked WTF? LOL!

Some how I posted an image next to the clip that I can't delete. If anyone knows how please tell me.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

KMommy,

wow cool clip. I remember the BET awards when James Brown was honored. that was priceless. in fact, the talent alone in the room was surreal.

but 500 for Prince tix? 8-o 8-O wow. well, I can knock down the person holding the $500.00 ticket and snatch ticket :lol: that should get me in.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.