Grindhouse

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Grindhouse

Post by Murphdogg »

Anyone seen this? I saw it last night and I liked Robert Rodriguez's movie and didn't like Tarintino's..I thought it was impossible for me to not like anything Tarintino would ever do..but it happend.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Grindhouse

Post by bingolong »

Murphdogg,
I liked Tarrentino's although I almost went to sleep during the first dialoouges (but that being said I also went to sleep almost in "Pulp Fiction" when Uma and Travolta go on that date...still agreat movie) Both were good flicks...Roberts felt like a parody of Grindhouse flicks while Tarentino's was trying to actually be one.It seemed like it would have been really made in the 70's except for the modern technology like cellphones etc

Once his got moving I really appreciated it..me and my partner went and were saying "how can Tarentinoo top the first flick?"
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

Murphdogg,

the chase in Tarantino's was great, but the dialogue before the action was so long and superfluous. I seriously considered walking out when those chicks wouldn't shut the hell up. You have to give it up to Kurt Russell, he was great and the presentation of the movies with the trailors was incredible.

Post by wingchundragon »

Anditsdeeptoo,

I truly think those two filmmakers are highly OVERRATED! I sat through all three hours and was bored! The trailers were good and Planet Terror was somewhat entertaining..but Quentin's? SUCKED! The car chase was really good but those chicks wouldnt SHUT THE HELL UP! Espically the Black one! I notice in all his films, the Black charachters are very "Over the top" and its annoying! Those guys need to come up with something orginal before they get my respect. Look at the work:

Pulp Fiction: Crappy pulp books sold at $99 cents stores
DESPERADO: Hong Kong wild action told with mexican flavor
JACKIE BROWN: Bad Blaxportation attempt/ Heist Film
DUSK TIL DAWN: Cheap horror western "Hills have eyes type"..but I kinda liked that one..Salam Hayak..DAMN!
KILL BILL: Rip off of EVERY KUNG FU FLICK OF THE 70's( Even the charachter Pai Mei)
SIN CITY: Graphic Novels..Looked good but no story.

AM I RIGHT ON THIS????
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Anditsdeeptoo,
hahahah..shit I thought I was the only one!! I was going to walk out to..I'm like..why...do..they keep...talking...not..doing..shit? I was going to walk out to at the restraunt scene. I have to disagree with dragon on them though, I've liked damn near everything till this movie..but this movie...no good no good.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com