Black Snake Moan

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Black Snake Moan

Post by tamra »

two words: DA BOMB!

definitely an adults only movie. some very good performances, esp. by Kim Richards. and anything with S. Epatha Merkeson, I'm there!

John Singleton has come a long way. it's very different from anything he's ever done before.

for me the movie had a very positive message. a young woman who had only been treated one way suddenly finds herself and her self-worth, and ironically thru the same type of person she would normally let use & abuse her. so damn good! didn't care for Justin Timberlake, BUT forgot it was Justin Timberlake, that's how good Singleton is! :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tamra

Re: Black Snake Moan

Post by tamra »

tamra,
actually replying to Anditsdeeptoo's post about critics blasting this movie, which is now his tag line:

if I listened to critics I'd never see good entertainment. two reasons why I don't pay attention to critics: Woody Allen. he's praised by them. ummm, still don't get Allen's movies, still don't pay to see them or even watch them for free. ain't nothing a pedophile can say that would be entertaining or funny! @.@
---
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

tamra,

We were considering seeing that movie this weekend. Since you give it your stamp of approval we will have to check it out. Half of the stuff I like the critics can't stand so I don't even pay attention to them anymore. I didn't realize Justin Timberlake was in that movie. I have to admit I like some of his music but he bugs the hell out of me. On the recent CD his sound is strongly "borrowed" @.@ from Prince. Although JT's falsetto doesn't compare. I lost any ounce of respect for JT after the punk ass way he left Janet to take the rap for the superbowl/tittygate incident.

In honor of your avatar...on SNL a few years ago JT did a skit with Kermit the frog, and they sang a duet of The Rainbow Connection. JT and Kermit get into a fight and Kermit calls him a douche bag. Now every time I see Justin that's what I call him, douche bag, or punk ass douche bag. :lol:
tamra

Post by tamra »

KMommy,

yup that is the main reason I couldn't stand Justin Timberlake - the tittygate incident. @.@ if I knew before hand he was in movie, I probably would have passed on movie. but didn't even recognize him during first 10 minutes of movie. there was an intense scene.

but he sang the words "I wanna see your naked body before the end of this song" before ripping at Janet's top. then punked out talking about "my family was shocked, I was shocked" 8-o I was shocked he played Janet like that.
---
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

tamra,
Yeah I bet he was shocked! Shocked that the whole thing made so many people angry. There is no way in hell he was shocked that there was a "wardrobe malfunction." Like you said, he sang those words then pulled on her clothes. That was suppose to happen. If not why would the clothes have been made to come off in that specific location? Why would Janet have had on a nipple ring/pasty? There was an article that mentioned how JT has gone on but Janet's career seems to have suffered the most. I mentioned this in another post concerning someone else... but it really bugs the crap out of me that the women is labled the slut but a man can do the same thing(or take part in it)and he's just being a man. David Letterman was one of the few men I ever heard publicly express how he thought having a man forcfully pull on a women clothes to expose her was just as wrong as actually exposing the breast. On Oprah Janet discussed the incident for what she claims will be the final time. She said JT has tried several times to call her but she just isn't ready to talk to him yet. When asked why she said "There are just some things that a friend isn't ever suppose to do to another friend." To show what a classy guy Justin is @.@ the article went on to quote some song he did supposedly after the Oprah show. The lyrics were something like "Heard you were on TV trying to look cute...It's hard to hear anything you say from the top of the charts while your so far down below." Some shit like that! All he had to do was say he was sorry for offending people and he would have at least given the appearence of being a real man instead of a punk!

I'll see the movie anyway. I can ignore the douche bag!
tamra

Post by tamra »

KMommy,

8-O no didn't know about those lyrics! some nerve. well, lemme put it this way, I WILL remember Janet, I still pull out old Janet CD's & LP's, I don't turn Janet off on radio.

now JT-ass on the other hand, I will easily forget. @.@
---
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

tamra,
I want to see this when the dvd comes out. I also want to see reeping or reeper whatever. I want to see the latest Eddie Murphy flicks and the new Hannible Hector flicks.
tamra

Post by tamra »

EddieHill,

OMG I loved Norbit. I totally forgot it was Eddie in the movie because of the voice of Norbit and Raspuscia's body language :lol:
---
SJD

Post by SJD »

tamra,

I really anticapated this but couldn't really go unless I'd go in town, but just yesterday the theater here got it. I went to the first showing and enjoyed it. Yeah, it was pretty rowdy. I really liked when there would be a break, I guess you could say, and Son House would be talking.......... that's something. I really dug this movie. Actually it was directed and written by Craig Brewer, who did 'Hustle and Flow'. But John Singleton was the producer, and they usually work together like on 'Hustle and Flow' but John Singleton does know what's good. Really enjoyed the music too, I heard The Black Keys 'When The Lights Go Out' off their Rubber Factor album. As for the critics, wasn't there a post awhile back here that delt with them.

Did see the thing they did on Satuday Night Live. Rainn Wilson was hosting that night. He plays 'Dwight' on The Office, the american version. He is very funny in that and I really love that show. This was when the trailer for [Font size=4 face=a color=Yellow]Black[/font] [Font size=4 face=a color=Red]Snake[/font] [Font size=4 face=a color=Yellow]Moan[/font] came out and people didn't know what to expect, and they did this, and I laughed my ass off. Rainn and Kenan are in it. :lol:

[Font size=8 face=a color=Yellow]White[/font] [Font size=8 face=a color=Red]Possum[/font] [Font size=8 face=a color=Yellow]Scream[/font]

[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"