Pan's Labyrinth .....check it out!!! A very beautiful, GREAT!!! movie.

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
SJD

Pan's Labyrinth .....check it out!!! A very beautiful, GREAT!!! movie.

Post by SJD »

Hey Everybody,

This is a film I saw recently..... it was real good. It's dark....real dark. I was already interested in checkin it out in the fall, but the theaters weren't showing it till just a while back. It's a foreign film so it'll have subtitles but I didn't mind. It's made by Guillermo del Toro who has done other films I dig like [/i]Hellboy[/i], [/i]Blade II[/i], [/i]Mimic[/i] and other foriegn movies like [/i]Cronos[/i] and [/i]The Devil's Backbone[/i]. He's is known for making pretty spookey horrer movies but don't let that divert anything because even though which ever film may be scary or flashy in a block buster way, they're still deep.
It started getting notice because it is nominated for a couple of oscars' which it deserves. I don't like ruining and giving to much away so here's the site for the movie. Take a look at the trailer for it and [Font size=3 face=t color=]watch it!!![/font]]
Okay great to be posting here even if it ain't as often@.@....PEACE OUT!!! :(

to look at the trailer and see any more on this film just click on the link below.......

http://www.panslabyrinth.com/ - [Font size=6 face=g color=Blue]Pan's Labyrinth[/font]'
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Pan's Labyrinth......check it out!!!

Post by bingolong »

SJD,
Wow this movie keps gettin props and everything about makes it seem like something I wouldn't be interested in....but I am compelled to check it out as soon as I get a chance!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
SJD

Post by SJD »

Hey bingolong and all,

Trust me it's good. This film is very magical and has a feel of not telling what is fantasy or reality. I really enjoyed it :)

If you dug this film, take a look at the other films he's done like Cronos (which was his first film), and the Devil's Backbone which are worth viewing. They are also very great films. All right peace out!
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

SJD,
Might try to check it tonight!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
SJD

Post by SJD »

bingolong and all,

Hey dude, did you finally get to see it. I hope you got to see it in the theater. I know this is pretty late seeing how this one came out on DVD about a month back but that's okay.
It is very intense and a really good movie. Certain films are just a whole nother expeirience on the big screen and I'm glad I got to watch it in the theater. It comes off as a horrer movie, due to how most percieve Guillermo del Toro's (the director) previous films, or a chidren's fantasy...... not at all, the original brother's grimm un edited fairy tales were were a whole lot more darker then they're known for. Guillermo del Toro said it himself this is a fantasy or a fairy tale for adults. Trust me it is a excellent film very more than worth seeing....
.... allright here's a little something to show it off a bit...

[Font size=8 face=t color=Navy]Pan's Labyrinth[/font]

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...