do you think certain members of the hip hop community should be more honest about their $$ start

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tis2flyyy

Re: do you think certain members of the hip hop community should be more honest about their $$ start

Post by tis2flyyy »

bingolong,
Hella dope money done paid for Studio time, for pressed CD to sell out da trunk of da car. Lots of dope money!
Where is the LOVE?
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: do you think certain members of the hip hop community should be more honest about their $$ start

Post by tamra »

tis2flyyy,

yeah but this Sonny was played by Chazz Palminteri and Lorenzo was played by Robert DeNiro.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0106489/ - A Bronx Tale'

good movie, I saw it in theaters opening day and bought movie. Joe Pesci is also in it.

now what's interesting is the kid who played C, Lillo Brancato Jr. is in NY prison now awaiting trial for murder of a cop. unless he got bailed out. but he was hanging w/a known drug user and broke into an apartment. an off-duty cop came home and he was shot and killed. Brancato was also shot and in jail recovering. he had just finished a stint on The Sopranos too.

first thing I said was "didn't use ya head huh C?" when the news broke. :lol: but I know his arrest hurt a lot of people's hearts because A Bronx Tale was a good movie for teens in high crime area to think about choices in life. even Robert DeNiro was saddened. Brancato looks like a young Robert DeNiro.

in movie the kids looked up to Sonny, the mob boss. but even Sonny kept telling C don't do what I do, finish school, and even described how jail wasn't a piece of cake. and C got to see how gangsters lived up close and personal, the fights, shootings, gambling, and more.

you should watch it, damn good. Tyral Hicks was C's girlfriend. that girl can SANG! she should still be singing. surprised she didn't sing in Belly, even sing something w/T-Boz.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tamra

Post by tamra »

8-o my favorite walking contradiction, Al Sharpton, has announced via the media that he is purchasing stock in music companies (as if he already doesn't given the circles he runs in @.@) so that he can put pressure on board members. yeah, right! does he have any idea as to HOW MUCH stock he needs to purchase to be heard? 100 shares ain't gonna cut it. and why put $$ into what he thinks is a problem??

now this makes about as much sense as Malcolm X buying stock in the company that makes Ku Klux Klan robes so he could change their way of life. or imagine if Dr. King said, "no let's not boycott, let's buy all products from Roy Bryant (Emmett Till's killer) and then as he gets richer he'll have to listen to us, and other racists will take notice too and start letting us live in peace". 8-O

my gawd if he's our new black leader, well I don't know what to say. I'd like to see a leader who leads by example and changes the home environment/way of thinking and then move on up. can't change the top if the bottom/core is beyond jacked up.

more urban kids look towards what people like 50 Cents, Tony Yayo, Yung Joc, Mike Jones will do next. and if I see another young girl running around looking like a prostitute w/out carrying a book to or from school, I will just scream until even people in Australia hear me.

Sharpton isn't focusing on how far behind blacks still are in technology, science/medicine, banking, media, world religion, education, military (even while fighting for this country), etc. or that the media we do have is poisoning communities.

I had a long talk w/Chloe Hilliard, the editor of The Source after a recent story aired on NY's CW11. she intentionally wrote false info while working for King Magazine. she was asked recently to provide commentary to CW11 news for a story on the negative influences of hip hop. of course, Chloe blasted the theory that hip hop was negative in general. because her bread and butter comes from it. and how many shootings have occurred at a Source Awards event?? :lol: Chloe's contribution to the story made the entire story not credible. later when we talked, she actually stated AS A JOURNALIST, IT IS NOT HER RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK FACTS, artists publicists are paid to create stories/backgrounds, she just prints them. and stated the article was only 400 words, so small articles aren't going to be fact checked. (The White House should limit its written info to 400 words then!) 8-O

PROBLEM: Chloe stated an illiterate drug dealer (who trained under Guy Fisher), North Carolina college basketball camp flunkie (because he was armed robbing a Foot Locker @.@), and now leader of an organized crime group who is screwing the niece of his criminal subject matter HAS a bachelor's degree in Business Administration and compared his "talent' to that of Michael Moore. and this "talented producer" was also fraudulently collecting social security benefits for a fake heart problem while working as a male prostitute. OMFG. Hilliard then suggested I hire a publicist to counter the false info she printed which led to increased sales for the same organized crime group and intentionally made their work credible. and I should begin speaking to the same blacks she just hoodwinked and who believe the hype. (me like Moses going to Pharoah. because only an act of God would undo her damage @.@)

this is the same organized crime group/hip hop artists linked to Al Sharpton, who supports the family of the now infamous criminal that many rap stars now falsely rap about - none have met him, I did. I'm not mentioning criminal's name because I'm not giving him any more publicity unless it's to disclose the truth.

so Sharpton is knocking on the wrong damn doors, again @.@
---
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

tamra,

I might vote for Obama... just so that when he's the Prez & ol' honest Al jumps up doing his "I speak for black people" routine we can point at Chocolate City and send the Rev. back to the church he doesn't have...
tamra

Post by tamra »

JTF,

hey, what's the criteria for becoming a reverend? if so I think I'm one now. I just started a church called "I Don't Believe This Fucking Shit, Help Me Jesus". (minimum donations during sermon collections will be $50.00. I need a Rolls to sacrifice to The Lawd. :))

but serious presidential candidates are campaigning through Sharpton's network and will await his endorsement. 8-o (contacting my dealer now, I wanted to hallucinate w/out any bad side effects. seeing strange shit now)
---
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

tamra,

To invalidate Sharpton, I propose that Paul Reubens shadow him and any time he speaks up for black people, Paul voices the opinion of white people.
tamra

Post by tamra »

JTF,

:lol: :lol: let's do it! I hope Reubens brings lots of puppets to help out.
---
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,

why stop there , lets get a list of all the companies that were founded or in exsistance in the 17 and 1800's that profitted off of slavery. And even thought slavery was abolished , they were able to keep the riches they accumulated off of the forced physical labor of our ancestors , lots of banks ( wacovia) have admitted to doing buisness with them , loaning them money , and reaping benefits.None of them were penalized or fined .
And as far as Reagan goes, the Iran - Contra scandal flooded our inner cities with cocaine , at the expense of ruining millions of lives in urban areas, and all through the country eventually . Reagans war on drugs turned cocaine ,( which was a rich man's high, over 100$ a gram ) in my first year of high school , to the drug of choice to folks who used to only consider buying a six pack($120 bucks for a gram 3/4 3years later ) . That's his legacy as far as I'm concerned, may his soul rot in hell ]:o(
About the rappers you mentioned , if they have been arrested and have criminal records ,that info is public knowledge and should be shared to make people think before idolizing there current status in hip - hop .
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

damn, dejavu. earlier this week was just talking w/someone about how these banks and organizations who profitted from slavery apologized but ain't giving up the $$. it's like sorry, but we're gonna keep our wealth, and ain't a damn thing u can do about it. @.@

oooh yeah Regan. I loved his alibi for everything: he don't remember. @.@ well hopefully Regan's ass is sitting right next to Falwell, Helms, Strom Thurmond, Byron De La Beckwith, Cecil Price and others just like him in a cozy corner.
---