Bastards of the party

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Bastards of the party

Post by Murphdogg »

Did anyone watch this documentry on HBO about the origins of the Bloods and Crips and how they actually came from the remanents for the black power movement of the 60's? It goes into cointelpro and how the goverment destroyed the panthers and started the bloods and crips fighting in the first place.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: Bastards of the party

Post by Murphdogg »

Murphdogg,
seriously watch this or I'll freaking...uhm..not really do anything.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

we started talking about this in the Menace II Society thread. but I couldn't wait for this to air, and I watched this and was shocked at what I learned. esp. the part about fighting off the klan. good!

but here's where the documentary lost me, aside from being turned on by Bone: the Crips and Bloods later united for positive reasons and to stop the violence, then the fighting began again in less than a couple of months. is Hoover to blame for that too? at some point personal accountability and responsibility is involved. can't blame drugs being flown in during the Ollie North Iran/Contra situation for fighting that was intense between the gangs in the 90s. because that's basically saying they're mentally weak and anyone can come along and mind fuck them into violence. :X

and w/all the killings did anyone of them own stock in coffins or funeral parlors?? just useless killings which didn't benefit anyone or community. now neighborhoods are held hostage because of heavy gang activity, while "the man" is profitting from stock in prisons and related prison products and equipment. *sigh*
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
prisons are big business.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Murphdogg,
sorry i have never seen the documentary....but it dont surprise me......they said that when they fried Ted Bundy that it cost the state of Florida five million a year to house that moron.....then the killer in Canada they said that maybe somethin like 50 million just to dig up an excavate for the remains of victims....and things all related to the serial killings....it seems to me that they dig up this money when they need it...but i do know the state goes by how many the jails an prisons house an sends the money.......so yeah prisons are big money
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Appaloosa,
Comes on real late tonight on HBO...can't wait to finally catch it
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

bingolong,
thanks man ...preciate it :lol: