Movie

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
dougdigitalpro

Re: Movie

Post by dougdigitalpro »

bingolong,
Hey, what's up dawg! :) Been out of the fray for a little bit, trying to get my hectic personal life together. @.@ Thanks for the nod, man. I got some good news today, so hopefully I can get things on and poppin for real now. :)

I don't know what's up with movies like "Soul Plane". I guess you just have to take it for what it is, ya' know? I'm sure they didn't think Dolemite was a work of art either back in the day. But that's a cult masterpiece now! :lol: But that had great political overtones in it where as these movies just ring kinda hollow to me.

I've been missin' y'all too so I'm happy to get back in the fray and talk some shit! :D :)
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

dougdigitalpro,

I liked [/i]The Human Tornado[/i] better than [/i]Dolemite[/i], but that's me. The mivie I kinda wanna see now is BAAAAADASSSSSS! I saw [/i]Sweet Sweetback[/i] once, and couldn't believe what a piece of shit it actually was. I just think it will be interesting to see how much better a movie about the making of a movie is than the original.
NickFlanagan

Post by NickFlanagan »

JTF,
I like Dolemite better than the sequel...and Petey Wheatstraw is definitely cool too.
But my question is--did anybody here see the remake of Shaft with Samuel L.? I saw it when it came out and thought it was good. Anybody else see it?
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

NickFlanagan,
Oh yeah. The new one was straight. I thought it was a worthy remake. I wasn't crazy about the original, though. I thought it was more hype on who John Shaft was than having a good story line.
I saw Sweetback about 10 years ago and I couldn't really get into it, but then i saw it about two years ago and I enjoyed it much more. I don't if it was age or what, but I got a lot more out of it than that first viewing. I give him props for getting the damn thing made because i know what that shit takes. It's a drama unto itself. Hence, "BadAssss". ;)

"You rat piss soup eating muthafucka!
You gone have to TAKE me!"
-Dolemite

That's all we use to quote in high school was "Dolemite".
Classic!
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

rsmayton,
Yeah I saw Monster, wasn't bad but I could see thru all the make up and Charlize Theron with some big teeth and bad skin can still get it!! @.@ All B.S. aside it wasn't a bad flick and it had me feeling sorry for the "monster" even though she was killing up everybody.

I saw "Big Fish" and "Miracle" and I definitely agree with ,but "Pieces Of April" was better than I expected!!!That mom made the film but al the characters in it were good. :)

I'm about to watch this movie called "Bubba Ho-Tep" about Elvis fighting zombies, sounds like a winning combo to me..... @.@
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro,Nick Flannagan,and JTF,
I'm a Petey Wheatstraw-The Devil Son-In Law kind of guy myself.None of those movies are greatest put together but they are some cult classics for sure!!!Rudy Ray could talk some shit though.I rented some movie with him and Yaphett Kotto in it.It had some real production value but he wasn't in it enough for the rental fee...b.b

I really liked the Sam Jackson verion of "Shaft" better and I'm hurt that they have not done a sequel("Shaft Goes To Africa"maybe?)

It's been a really long time since I saw "Sweetback.." so I want to check that out again before or after we finally get "Badassss" here...... b.b

"Soul Plane" is just an extension of all that stuff for the new millenium :)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

I did not see the new Shaft. I will not see the new Shaft. It is the equivilant of [/i]Blues Brothers 2000.[/i]

My fav movie of all times is Shaft. Shaft's Big Score was nearly as good. Shaft in Africa? Well, that wasn't even based on a Tidyman novel. Really, the TV movies were better. I always thought that it was funny that Shaft in Africa and Superfly T.N.T. were almost the same film!

Read the Shaft novels. They are very good. (although the first is not as good as the flm adaption)
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

Something I thought about. To avoid this becoming a rambling thread, with intermixed discussions on every movie that ever was made, how about an entire forum about the movies? That way if we wanna talk about one film, we can start up a thread titled after that film and talk shit.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

JTF,
Right On!!I'll check for those books!! :)

But the new "Shaft" wasn't really a bad movie to compare it to "Blues Brothers 2000", that's not a fair comparison at all......... b.b :( :lol:
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

bingolong,
OK-Shrek 2!!LOLOL!