ALI RAP

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Appaloosa

Re: ALI RAP

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
yeah its strange that Hearns coulda beat all those people by knockout an then when he came to the big boys he kinda shut down....his legs were wobbly when he fought Hagler....he probably coudnt dance cause he was so shaky.....but Hagler somehow knew he had to knock him out quick or be knocked out....by a wobbly Hearns......an it is strange that Hearns just knocked Duran out quick but Duran took Hagler to the limit.....its just like these fighters to fight someone different that makes the fight......that was called the best minutes in boxing the Hearns Hagler fight....it was tumultous.....not like the dancin that Leonard did....and movement....those were the days tho :lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
Ya. Styles make fights. Forman destroys 2 guys who beat Ali. Hearns manager stepped out of the room before the Hagler fight, came back in and freaked out because Tommy was getting his leggs massaged. Apparently that's a big no no. Still Tommy should have stayed away for a couple of rounds. Hell I could run for a few rounds. I'd look like Jerry Lewis doing it but running is easy. About what you were saying about bad decisions. There should be a goverment committee that regulates boxing to keep out the crooks ie. Don King. Oscar Delahoya clearly beat Trinidad and got screwed on the decision. The list goes on and on..
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
yes thats a big beef i got is the referees......in sports in general ......in football they say that the referees do that in a few games all year long....referee........its sorta like thier picked an they just wait till thier picked then they go an do thier thing but they should have some kind of thing where if they make a bad decision they cant ref for the next three times they have to....cause they are clearly biased in thier decisions just like anyone else is....they fine an regulate the players but not the refs cause they think the refs are gods or something.....well if they fined them an regulated them too then they will quit makin bad decisions too an straighten up or get out...anyway i did see the cd of When We Were Kings an it wasnt too bad....Ali was certainly more deserving than any of the others like Michael Jordan an Tiger Woods of the greatest sportsman of the century even then i think that Jim Thorpe shoulda had it...for no one ever done what he did
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
I agree with you on all those points. One thing that could really keep the judges honest is to announce their scores at the end of each round. The crowd could be in the moment if some judge was to throw points to a fighter because some promoter gave him a bag of cash...
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

walrusjk,
I hated seeing Richard Steele in the ring as a ref, that motherfucker might have been standing in the ring but he always refereed the fight from somebodys pocket....there shouldn't be a draw in boxing, extra rounds should be added until theres no doubt somebodys ass got whooped.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
a fix????.....throw the fight???.....heavens to murgatroid!!!!.........in sports??... b.b b.b :lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

hellifiknow,
The only time I saw Steele fuck up is when he called the fight with 2 seconds to go when Jermain Taylor was up on every scorecard when he fought Chavez. Taylor is a sorry figure these days. Really punchy but he deserved that fight and the promoters stood to make a lot more dough if Chavez won that fight. I know Steele has that reputation but that's the only time I ever saw it. I think "the fix" is almost exclusive to boxing. Ref's get influenced by the crowd in other sports but not bribed. I think Wade was handled with kid gloves in last years NBA finals but only because the NBA is grooming him to be the next Michael Jordon. If that series got called fairly Dallas wins easy...
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

walrusjk, we all know if a fight goes the distance, there is no way in hell to know who is going to win it's so crooked. The NBA for years has been so biased towards marquee players and cities that's its more like sports entertainment then sports at times. I had to see my beloved Pacers get jobed to Jordan's Bulls in Jordans last season in game 7. Scottie Pippen even alluded that it was bs. Game 6 a few years ago between the lakers and the Kings was another Example..it was so obvious the refs were siding with the Lakers in that game that Ralph Nader of all people wanted it to be investigated.
:(
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Murphdogg,
I totally agree about the Pacers. Bird ripped the refs and Jordan came back with "Larry should know about being protected" which is bullshit. Bird got away with nothing. My favourite player of all time is Birdy. In the East I root for the Pacers unless they play Boston. It makes me feel a little guilty but with Birdy running that team I'm secretly a Pacers fan. Hilarious about Nader. I remember it. If I remember right he was saying that Shaq gets away with cheating. If you notice Shaq doesn't use foot work to get open in the paint he just plows his way into position. It's maddening if you're not a fan of his team. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Every body looks at me like I'm nuts when I say this stuff.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

walrusjk,
that game pissed Bird off so bad he quit coaching! Got to love Larry, talk about a work ethic. and nobooooody was over protected as Jordan. He'd throw a hissy fit when someoen actually guarded him, remember him swinging on Reggie Miller and Miller actually getting suspended? On a unrelated note Jordan was not the best players of all time. The Bulls of the 90's wouldn't of won one ring in the 80's.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com