Gerald Levert dead at 40

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
jezebel

Gerald Levert dead at 40

Post by jezebel »

Entertainer Gerald Levert has died at his home in Newbury, Ohio, according to WKYC-TV, an NBC station in Ohio.

His family tells Channel 3 News it appears Levert died in his sleep, possibly of a heart attack. He was 40 years old.

Gerald was the son of Eddie Levert, a founder and lead singer of the O'Jays. The family has a street named after them in their native Canton.

Gerald and Eddie collaborated many times, recording an album called Father and Son together. He also sang with his brother Sean and Marc Gordon in the R & B Trio LeVert.
tis2flyyy

Re: Gerald Levert dead at 40

Post by tis2flyyy »

jezebel,

I came on to post this, thanks for doing it.

This is SAD b.b b.b b.b b.b
& Shocking. I pray for him and his family.

Lord Have Mercy
Where is the LOVE?
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

jezebel,

I just got a phone call about this. but shockingly not one single news alert. but did get alerts up the ass about Jack Palance dying. I guess it does happen in 3's. Ed Bradley, Gerald and Palance.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,

I've been watching the interviews with Ed Bradley and those who worked with him , Great man, Great Voice. b.b

this is the first I heard that Jack Palance died, I don't think theres been any other actor that played the guy you couldn't wait to get shot more times than he did. b.b

R.I.P. Gerald Levert...40's too damn young. b.b
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Wow and Jack Palance too!? I was wondering if the third one was going hit... b.b
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

b.b yup, 3 good ones gone just like that. and each lived full lives in spite of the difference in ages. so I guess that's a blessing for all 3 of them.
---
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

jezebel,It sucks because it seems like the greatest people die and losers like Rush Limbough will live to be 90. God Bless, Gerald Levert
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

EddieHill,
His family is distraught. b.b

My cousin Crystal that lives in Cleveland - her boyfriend is the guy in the group - Eric - the one that took Sammy Strain's place. They are inconsolable.

Personally, I am as well. This FINE, FINE brown man has gone on to glory. OH LORD! I am feeling mighty bad right now, like when Tupac died. I loved my some Greald Levert. DAMN! This is some sad shit.
b.b b.b b.b b.b
Where is the LOVE?
jezebel

Post by jezebel »

tis2flyyy,

Why Gerald? Couldn't Keith Sweat have gone instead? Or maybe that one guy from After 7 who never sang?
tamra

Post by tamra »

jezebel,

:lol: :lol: LMFAO @ Keith Sweat! but hoping god don't punish me because maybe the big G has a copy of New Jack City and loves that Keith Sweat wedding scene. 8-o :lol:

but there would be a lot of women at Sweat's funeral begging, and begging, and begging, and begginggggg :lol: lawd, bring him back, please, don't close that coffin, don't throw that dirt yet :lol: (with my black ass in background eating wings loudly and saying "damn, this is a long ass funeral, it just won't end. but these wings are jammin") :lol:
---