BaadAsssss!

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
dougdigitalpro

BaadAsssss!

Post by dougdigitalpro »

I went to see this today. It was pretty good. Something different. Mario did good in the part of his father. They really are looking a lot more alike as he gets older. I can definitely sympathize with a lot of what he went through to get his film made. I needed a spiritual boost today and I got one in "BaadAssss!". Tryin' to muster up the strength to get out and start promoting my film and getting it out to the people to see. I thought it was pretty cool that he had his first major success here in Detroit with the premeire. Maybe it's a sign. :)
Anyone else see it?
And to any guys out there who saw it, Joy Bryant is SOOOOO muthafuckin' FINE and has personality to boot! I think I'm in love! :D
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: BaadAsssss!

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro,
Haven't seen it but now i really can't wait for it (if ever)to get around these parts(probably on DVD b.b :( )
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

bingolong,
Yeah, it's in two theatres here. Just like when Sweetback premiered here in '71! Go figure.
An artist who
reelblack

Post by reelblack »

dougdigitalpro,
BadAsss is a great movie. I wish they had even more money to make it, but Mario really grew as both an actor and a director with this one. It's ironic that this movie came out the exact same day as Soul Plane did in NY and LA. Hopefully this is the flick that will inspire the next wave of Black films. And YES! Joy Bryant was fine as baby hair on a rabbit.
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

reelblack,
Yeeeessss lawd she is! :)
Hmmm, that's interesting that they opened on the same day. I think it's a sign. The fact that Soul Plane is flopping all over the place and Baadasssss is getting heavy buzz says a lot. They are doing really good business here in the two theatres that it's in.
And the one I saw it in today is out in the 'burbs!
Leave it to the spirit of Melvin to shoot down tha bullshit!
An artist who
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro and reelback,
At lest you guys have seen it.....
b.b
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

dougdigitalpro,

Aren't there only two theatres [/i]in[/i] Detroit?

I've been thinking about going to see it. It's at several theatres in NYC. :p It will be interesting, if only for the fact that it can't help but be better that Sweet Sweetback. Nobody seems to remember that the movie really was a piece of shit!
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

JTF,
Actually, there's only one in the city of Detroit. The Phoenix on 8 Mile Rd. and that's pushing it. Hopefully, once they get the get the city back to full bloom, which they're working on now, they'll put a few back downtown. Ain't nuthin' like going to see a flick in downtown Detroit! Oh, tha good ol' days! That's why I was so happy to see that scene with him showing it at the Grand Circus first. They did a good job at recreating downtown Detroit of '71 also. I actually bought that he was in Detroit. Sweetback is not a bad film, it's just a trippy ass film. You almost need to be high to watch it and understand it.
An artist who
jermainebailey

Post by jermainebailey »

dougdigitalpro,

I've seen BADASS twice and loved it each time! I'm trying to tell everyone to catch it. Hope Mario gets reconized for an Oscar (long shot but u never know) That scene where he talks down to Big T is a classic