R.I.P. JAMES BROWN

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Borrachon

R.I.P. JAMES BROWN

Post by Borrachon »

The greatest musican since Beethoven is gone...some say it's a miracle he lived that long, i say it's sad sad day.I can't honestly think of a more important person on earth...Elvis has left the building a while ago, Picasso (Art's James brown) is dead,Hitchcock (cinema's James brown)is long gone, Deleuze (philosophy's James Brown)too...Fidel (politics's james Brown)is still here but not for long (fuck him anyway).Some say Dylan is as important as James brown...maybe they're right, but i don't ear a million songs a day that sound like bob dylan...EVERYTHING we listen to these days comes from James Brown...from Hip Hop to R&B and House..even the Rock bands like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and the White Stripes.Media coverage of the event is outrageous here in Europe..it's probably bigger in the US, but i'm sure when Paul McCartney is gone, it will headline of every single media on earth...he has written some very pretty songs, sold a hell lot of records, represented a whole generation but HE AIN'T SHIT next to James Brown.He lived a fast life, worked more than a Human being possibly could...maybe it was just time for him to rest a little.
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... jbapol.jpg[/img]