I can't stand Peyton and C Webb on NBA TV!

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

I can't stand Peyton and C Webb on NBA TV!

Post by walrusjk »

Man is it me or is Gary Peyton and Chris Weber just flat out obnixious as co-hosts with Amad Rashad on the NBA channel? It sounds like hyenas during a feeding frenzy! Payton especially sounds like he has his nuts in a vice. Man I watch this in the morning and it just gets me angry with the hooting and hollering and lack of insightful comment. Instead they act like they just did PCP...
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: I can't stand Peyton and C Webb on NBA TV!

Post by tamra »

walrusjk,

:lol: too funny.

but Chris Webber as a commentator? umm, his stats please? :lol: let's talk about that first. 8-o
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Am I the only one who finds this totally mind-boggling!? Payton and C-Webb act like total ASS-Holes! I can't get over it. Payton thinks he's the funniest thing since a fart!
Man it just bugs me. Watch the NBA channel and try to disagree....
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

walrusjk,
I can't believe I'm the only one who is driven nuts by Payton. I'm watching again a week after my last post and it's just getting worse....
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, I miss Charles Barkley on TNT. He is the best since Bill Russel used to call games on CBS. The Lakers are sunk because Andrew hurt his other knee a year later against Memphis. They will not win the title unless they trade Walton, Mbenga, Lamar,Vladmir for Nash, Shaq, And Stoudemire.If Boston stays injury free , they will win again.C Webb is not as bad on TNT but, I hope Chuck comes back soon.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I agree about Charles. He lives in my neighbourhood and I've never met anyone who didn't like him. He goes out of his way to be a nice, friendly guy. It's too bad that he's getting jacked up for doing what many people do. Not abmirable but shouldn't wreck his career. He'll be back simply because he fessed up and makes way too much money for TNT. However his opinions are always wrong. I love it when he talks shit about my team because the opposite happens.
Even though Boston lost tonight I like their chances if both teams make it to the finals. The Lakers just look and act like they're scared of them. The Celts had won 10 straight(5 without Garnet) and I think they got screwed on the calls. Speaking of the Suns' players you mentioned...Even NASH is speaking ill of the Suns. Getting rid of the coach, Bell and Diaw was just plain stupid. Send maybe the best coach in the league to the Knicks? Kerr is fucking up big time.
I will say one thing nice about the Lakers. Kobe is awsesome. I thought it was funny how the Knick game after he set the scoring record at the Garden James came in the very next game and put up a triple double and scored 55 points! Think the NBA wants these guys to rack up big numbers and call the games accordingly?
I just want to see The Celts get a little tougher in the paint and not rely on their outside shooting so much.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Lamar played his ass off in Cleveland. He is playing for a contract and next year he will go back to being soft on a reguler basis. I hope Morrison can get it going and that his knees will be ok. Your right Boston does need to punch the ball inside more. Chris Mihm acts like he does not want to play or move into a position to catch the ball in the paint. I guess Karreem only works with Andrew, and not Chris Mihm or DJ MBenga. What a shame. Phoenix is just too trade happy and they traded a bunch of great players in the past few years. They would be ok if they would stock up on good players and keep them. Memphis just sucks and it is the worst club in all sports , just look at the talent they traded away over the years. Man there is a lot of injuries this year in the NBA. Either LA lakers , Spurs, Boston, Cleveland, Should win it all this year . It will come down to who has less injuries and who is the most physical in the playoffs.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
Amen..Man you really know your shit on this stuff.But just watch...The NBA is going to try and get Kobe and James in the finals. Millions upon millions are at stake and the general public would eat it up and call you a lunatic for believing it as a fix. Let's see....Wasn't a seasoned ref drummed out of the league last year for calling games to benefit his gambling bets? Why does no one talk about it even after the feds got involved? Let's just hope the NBA doesn't turn into boxing.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk,Chuck is back and it is way cool. If Lakers or Celtics do not get bigs off of waivers they will not play against each other in the finals.If the Suns do not get A Walker, Sam Cassel, Steve Francis,Shawn Livingston, and any big left off waivers ,due to injuries they might not make the playoffs just like the Rockets. Its all up for grabs due to injuries and lack of blockbuster trades before the deadline. Next year everyone and their mother is a free agent. It will be fun to watch.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I'm showing my ignorance here but explain how the waiver thing works....