What do you all think of Dr. Drew?

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

What do you all think of Dr. Drew?

Post by walrusjk »

I kind of think he's a good,smart guy. I take it back. I think he's an unreal, cool, smart, intelligent guy....
robfharris

Re: What do you all think of Dr. Drew?

Post by robfharris »

walrusjk,
On his new show it is really sad watching that guy from Taxi (Jeff Conaway, I believe) and the way he is now. The next big anti-drug campaign should be going into every school showing them one episode of 'Taxi' then showing them an episode of 'Celebrity Rehab', turn around to the kids and go "any questions".
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

robfharris,
Oh man I totally agree. Drew sure shows a lot of compassion toward that guy. Conaway plays up the "I'm in such misery" con game and gets too much sympathy. I think its bad for his recovery. At some point it should be made clear to him that he needs to get out of that fucking chair, quit acting like a last stage cancer patient and WORK on being someone who isn't rewarded for acting like a total dink. He's either screaming at someone or seeking sympathy. Maybe I don't understand the chemistry his addiction has played on his brain or maybe he needs to just man-up and get serious about a change. He's been in re-hab 10 times and it seems clear to me that he isn't smart enough or more importantly a decent enough person to get past his self..
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Bozopolis,
just like Robert Downey....he never learns...hes had the world by the tail but let it slip through his hands.....and Conoway had it but i think his people never knew how to assemble his image an put it out.....they did like a cookie cutter profile of him an it didnt work......who knows why....Conoway is now just a narcissistic persona of himself.....maybe that is what you need to make it to be narcissistic but to a point ....dont overdo it like him.... :lol: