Georgia - Outrage After Teen Gets 10 Years for Oral Sex With Girl

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
KMommy

Georgia - Outrage After Teen Gets 10 Years for Oral Sex With Girl

Post by KMommy »

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/LegalCe ... 362&page=1

I know it's wrong based on the age of these teens but I couldn't figure out why there was such an uproar about these teens having oral sex. The girl did it to several boys so she obviously had prior experience in this activity. Then it occured me, this is Georgia and the young boy in question is african american, hmmm??? I could be wrong but I bet the young girl was probably white. What else would have gotten these Georgia officials so upset. 10 years??? WTF!

Re: Georgia - Outrage After Teen Gets 10 Years for Oral Sex With Girl

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

KMommy,
you know this makes me ashamed to be from that state! there is a differance between rape and some teen who thinks it is cool to suck off any tome dick or harry ! , the differance this time is likely that he got a blow job and told her to fuck off and the others kept going back or this time mommy and daddy found out good god ....
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

KMommy,

well, I questioned the same thing. so to get the facts, I called the lawyer directly involved, BJ Bernstein's office in Atlanta. cuz that's some shit we all needed to know. according to the staff lawyer who answered and didn't mind answering that question, she is not white.

but Imma call again tomorrow :lol: I asked if the victim was white. maybe there was confusion about who the victim is. 8-o

but the prosecutor who filed motion to keep him in jail is black.

ANDDDD how come the mother of the 15-year old girl wasn't prosecuted for child abuse and neglect???? can't blame one side and leave other side unprosecuted. so the whole thing is fucked up!
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

tamra,

I am shocked that she isn't white! That's the only reason I could imagine them wanting to prosecute this young man. Ok, it was wrong for a young girl to be involved in this stuff and at this party in the first place. I hope I don't sound heartless for saying this but if she was doing this to SEVERAL boys in succession that girl was no sweet innocent "victim." I doubt it was her first time! I totally agree that if they are going to blame the young man involved then what about the parents? Hell, what about the hotel where this party was going on? Those under age kids shouldn't have been allowed to have a room. Who payed for the room? According to one report there were condoms and alcohol containers all over the room. Where was security? Who purchased the alcohol?

There has got to be more to this case than meets the eye. It just doesn't make sense that everyone would be so upset about this. There was no evidence of the girl being forced, it was all on the video of the party. Some how the wrong person got pissed off about this or this girl is related to someone in high places. I've been wrong before but I just can't grasp why they are so adamant about prosecuting this young man.

I did a search and discovered that this law is(was?)still on the books in my state of Louisiana 8-o This case involves a man by the name of Mitchell Smith.

http://www.sodomylaws.org/usa/louisiana/lasmith03.htm

I find this interesting, "This court today upholds a law that tells Mitchell Smith that he can be imprisoned for five years[2] for engaging in consensual, non-commercial oral sex with a consenting adult woman (apparently even his wife) when the two are alone in his own home"

Consensual, with a consenting adult! 8-o This is just amazing that tax payer money is going to prosecute this when we have child molestors that are free with a slap on the wrist only to repeat the same crime.

Anyone that would be so upset about oral sex enough to want to prosecute consenting adults obviously ain't never been on the receiving end of a good tongue :p ;p :lol:

Surprised they didn't try to prosecute Clinton on this charge.

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

KMommy,
I have lived this tragedy myself ,one of my nephews was one of the first to be charged in Ct on a similar charge.
He was 15(and black ) and had consentual sex with a girl 13( she's white).With her parents pushing the issue, he was charged as an ADULT , and did 5 years in jail for rape ,plus he has to register as a sex offender.He was dating her older sister at the time.And was sleeping over at their house with permission .The law states a 13 year old cannot consent,But 'lil sister brought him to her room.Other boys,that had sex with her prior, did not come forward to testify on his behalf due to pressure from their parents.He was railroaded plain and simple.

A kidnapping story some time after he served his time, prompted the local newspaper to print photos of local sex offenders on the front page of the paper.
I had gotten him a job where I worked, and that's a day I'll never forget.The whispering and gossip of co workers,who had seen his picture in the article , was stopped by my surprise, by the VP of the company , who , prior to hiring him , was informed of the entire sorted mess.And he told my nephew ,he was not a criminal in his eyes, that he had done what we all as teenagers do ,
experiment with sex.The punishment does not fit the crime in either case, race and income play a huge factor in length of sentence in an unfair justice system .Especially when the defendant is black.

That VP did make him feel good standing up for him , and threatening to fire anyone who teased or spoke badly about him while at work.
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "