Chris Benoit dead

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Chris Benoit dead

Post by Murphdogg »

one of the last of the old school wrestlers that actually had skills, and could make audiences suspend their disbelief is dead, along with his Wife Nancy and son. At first they thought it was a murder-suicide..now they think it was a accident from a gas leak.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
abnormalandbitchy

Re: Chris Benoit dead

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

Murphdogg,
murph where you hear gas leak ... i have been waiting for someone to say its an accident!

this is what i have ..

WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit, Wife and Child Found Dead

Last Edited: Monday, 25 Jun 2007, 11:17 PM EDT

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the bodies were discovered about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

The house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and a double-iron gate. On Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, along with two uniformed officers.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight and Intercontinental champion. He also held several tag-team titles during his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

The native of Canada maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

"My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend," Carl DeMarco, the president of WWE Canada, said in a statement. "Chris was always first-class -- warm, friendly, caring and professional one of the best in our business."
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

Murphdogg, Chris was one of the best in ring performers ever. I hope it was a gas leak and not murder suicide. This realy sucks . I like fake ass pro wrestling. It is fun to watch and I do not like the idea they faked Vinces death in a limo blowing up. With all the terrorism in the world that pablicity stunt went to far. God Bless Chris and his family.
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

Murphdogg,
Is it just me or do all retired wrestlers die a violent death? I gave up going to see wrestling live , when Don Muraco beat Jimmy"Superfly" Snuka in a cage match for the Intercontinental belt , way back when ,(New Haven Ct,)
Muraco had gotten to the top of the cage , and Snuka was trying to pull him back down to the inside, Muraco slipped out of Snuka's grip and fell to the floor, winning the match . But Snuka went out and brought him back in for another 30 mins of beating ,ending with a "Superfly" off the top of the cage,!

RIP Mr Benoit , I hope he didn't kill his family ,
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

i heard about this last night. my friend was in shock. never heard of the guy because "rasslin" is a male soap opera. but i'm leaning towards carbon monoxide from air conditioning or some type of chemical from the AC, esp. if all found asleep. sad and tragic.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
I HATE modern day wrestling which is a soap oprah, but this guy was one of the last of the old school guys, who could put on a realstic match which is a art form. Looks like he did kill his family....
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,
He strangled his wife , smothered his son , sometime during the weekend , then hung himself on Monday , 8-O

I think if Freud had a practice today he would throw in the towel .
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

bcddjjsc690, this is crazy shit. They are saying it was done in a steroid like rage.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

yall,

8-o this story makes no sense. I'm also having a hard time believing he would kill his son too. I'm not gonna rule out homicide just yet. this is just way too strange. and people who knew him said he was the most kind and loving, esp. towards his son.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
SJD

Post by SJD »

Murphdogg,

Yeah this is something thats hard to take. The 'rabid wolverine' 'the crippler' was one of the best that were still going in wrestling. I always enjoy wrestling and when I heard this it caught me off guard. The last time I got down was when I had heard that Eddie Guerrero had passed who also was one of the greatests.

The wwe had asked the police to check on Benoit due to his no showing to the events he was supposed to attend, due to some text message that friends of his got.

McMahon had to drop his 'death' storyline to speakout on Benoit.

On the wwe website they have dropped his merchandise.

This is stuff I heard on the other wrestling sites that are all covering this.

Benoit Update: What The Text Messages Said, More
Date Added: June 26, 2007
Story By: Will Hengelbrok

(The following was written by Ryan Clark)

There were apparently some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.Sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

One of the text messages sent by Chris Benoit early Sunday morning said "back door open, dogs have been fed", referring to the sliding glass doors in the back of his home. No one was quite sure what to make of it, but he wasn't reachable afterward for clarification.

ABCNews.com's headline story has been updated with the following: "Her hands were bound together, her feet were bound together, and there was a little blood over her face," District Attorney Scott Ballard told ABC News in an interview after the press conference. "The medical examiner found bruising on the small of her back and bruising on the front of her body consistent with being crushed up against the floor."

CBS News has obtained a copy of the 2003 restraining order filed by Nancy Benoit against her husband Chris Benoit. In the protective order, Nancy alleges that the wrestler committed “acts of violence,” and that she feared for the safety of herself and her son Daniel.

Apparently Bubba The Love Sponge broke the Chris Benoit story on Monday. He was able to get confirmation of the story from Andrew “Test” Martin. Bubba was unable to contact his good friend Hulk Hogan for confirmation.

Brian Lawler will be a guest on CNN's Anderson Cooper Tonight at 10pm ET.

WWE Pulls All Chris Benoit Merchandise
Date Added: June 26, 2007
Story By: Ryan Gray
WWE's Shopzone web site has pulled all Chris Benoit merchandise. Searches for Benoit's name on the web site's search engine all return the result "discontinued."
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"