The NBA playoffs! Who's going to the finals?

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

The NBA playoffs! Who's going to the finals?

Post by walrusjk »

It's still early but I say Detroit and the Suns. Chicago could get Detroit (I picked them as the spoiler in the East) and San Antonio could get the Suns. Man what's up with Dallas?
EddieHill

Re: The NBA playoffs! Who's going to the finals?

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Your right. I hope the Pistons win it all so C. Webb can get a ring.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
Ya I like C.Webb. Dumars has done a great job in Detroit. Only blunder was to take Darko over Carmello Anthony. Imagine Anthony on that team? Darko was a project for 3 years and they ended up giving him away after he didn't pan out. But first they paid him a fortune.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, What ever happened to the D league player that was supposed to be the next Yao Ming? Sun Ming Ming is 7 foot 9 and had most of his brain tumer removed due to giantism disease. The other part was being treated with meds. But he came back and was playing in the D League. The NBA salaries paid Macalvain {Sonics] 72 million after they paid Shawn Bradly 63 million to play for the 76rs in the 90`s. That is almost as bad as having a 30 million dollar space toilet. Sometimes I wish I was coutside for the playoffs but I would not see as much as I do on my 61 inch tv. Cheers!
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
Never heard of the D-Leaguer but if he had a brain tumour I bet it had something to do with his size. Brain tumours can be present from the embryo which can stimulate the pituitary gland to make the body grow freakishly tall. This happened to my nephew. They found the tumour in his late teens. My brother (his Dad) is a nueroligist and said he's always had it and that's why he's 6'7".
Bradely was a bust big time but he was a gamble to start with. He just never could gain weight. The sixers had nutritionist working around the clock to pack some weight on him and they just couldn't so he got pushed around his whole career.
I get to see a lot of games at the arena. My gal works for a liquor distributor and always gets freebies. It's fun hearing the players talk while they're playing but what I love about it is all the babes in the stands. You're right though watching on a 61 inch screen lets you see the game better and without worrying about parking. Also if you're not getting a free ticket the prices are outrageous! $300 plus/ticket? Obviously the corporate boys are buying these trying to grease clients and themselves. Bad for the working/family man though... P.S. who was the Sonic's guy?
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Tim Macalvain 7 foot 2 white soft ass center was not always with the Sonics. . I might not have spelled his name right. It does not matter he sucked anyway. Denver gave San Antonio another scare . Big Shot Bob hit another one. Robert Horry is one of my all time favorite NBA playoff players. He only comes to play in the playoffs. San Antonio And Detroit in the 2007 finals with Detroit winning in game 7 . Cheers!
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
I know. Man Denver gets one in San Antonio and loses both in Denver. I don't like Horry 1) Because he threw a towel in Danny Ainge's face. 2) He was a Laker 3) He only plays in the playoffs. For being so good he sure has seen a lot of teams in his career. I'm a Suns fan and I'm only scared of San Antonio now...
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

walrusjk,

8-o Steve Nash is getting knocked the fuck out. poor guy. last person I saw take beatings like that was Bill Laimbeer, but Bill got his shots back.

by the way I can't stand Danny Ainge. @.@ I hated his whiny pussy ass even when he was a Celtic. in fact, I hated the Celtics because of him and Dennis Johnson. I used to loveeee to watch the Pistons, Rockets and Lakers whup their ass good.

but anyway, I haven't been watching much these past few years because I gave up watching after the Kobe rape and Ron Artest fight nonsense. but the Nets and Cavs series got hot, so now paying a little attention to it.

plus ain't got nuffin else to do but prop foot up, munch and drink and throw shit at the tube! :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

tamra, The Spurs, Big Shot Bob Horry creamed Steve Nash late in game four and gets suspended for two games and he caused two key Suns players to react and leave the beanch and get suspeded for a game each. The Spurs rallied and won game five as a result. When the Spurs close out the Suns Big Shot Bob with be back against the Jazz. Detroit should quit fucking around and close out the Bulls. Maybe JTF can call them up and give them a motivational speach. Cheers!
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
Bad night last night. The Suns were ahead the whole game until the last minute then lose. I admit it I'm bitter. The NBA can swirl their toungue clockwize around my balls. (Cough).. I mean the cheerleaders can.