Mccartney tells a story that bums me out!

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Mccartney tells a story that bums me out!

Post by walrusjk »

I'm a huge Beatle fan. I read an interview with Paul Mccartney where he's talking about the early days of the Beatles. When they were kids just forming the band. Anyway he remembers them having an occasional "circle jerk". You know where all the guys whack off in the same room at the same time.. He says the lights would be out and each guy would call out the name of a beautiful actress. So Paul would go "Bridget Bardot!" and they'd all moan and whack away. George would go "Sophia Loren!" More moaning and whacking. When it came to John's turn Paul said sometimes he shout out "Winston Churchill!"... It's a funny story but I hate the thought of the Beatles whacking off with no women present...
Appaloosa

Re: Mccartney tells a story that bums me out!

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
ok i know this is off the beaten track but what do you think the Beatles first album in 61 would be worth....in very decent condition??...........just wondering
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, A circle jerk is pretty minor compaired to what some artist do. I just like music and if I got bummed out over what every artist did in their personal life , I would go ape shit and throw away my 2000 cd collection. On the other hand, I no longer listen to Michael Jackson and I threw some of his records away. I still have some Cat Stevens records that my neighbor gave to me. I`ll play them one day there is a lot of his stuff I have not heard. It is normal for something like that to bum you out. Just keep the Beatles music and enjoy it. Rock On!
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

Appaloosa, I have read in a magazine the first album pressed on a certain label in mint condition would be worth $5000 bucks. I think you can find collectors info online.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
If it's from 1961 it has to be a British released album called "Beatles For Sale". Their first album release in the US is "Meet The Beatles". I think 1961 is too early for both of these. They released an album with Tony Sheridan from their Hamburg days where they were basically his backup band. Lennon does "Ain't she sweet" on it. That ones around 1961. Check e-bay.
Eddie.. You're right. This is a pretty tame story. My screen name is Walrus. In the song "I am the walrus" when lennon refers to "The Eggman" he's making a reference to Eric Burton (House of the rising sun-The Animals) who used to like to crack raw eggs onto the girl or girls while he was fucking them. Man being a rocker living in London in the sixties must have been a trip...
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
its in 61 and its Brittish made.....but its the first Beatles lp......with Sheridan....its when they became the Beatles from the Silver Beatles ....an with Best as drummer....in all the search engines they name some other lp as the first an that is in America....Maybe if Eddie Hill would know if this is the first album or not....it was made in Hamburg...thanks for the infomation
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
I'm sort of bragging but I've never met anyone who knows more about The Beatles than me. I have this album also. Like I said it's from their Hamburg days and they are the back up band for Sheridan. It's his album. It would be worth something if it was the first release which would have been titled as a Tony Sheridan album. You have a re-issue probably from the early seventies after they broke up and whoever owned the rights was looking to cash in on their success. Does it have a lighted candle on the cover and 2 of the 1st three songs are 1) Lennon doing .."Ain't she sweet" and a instrumental called "Cry for a shadow" (Harrison)? Unless there's something unique it's a very common album. Note: When the Beatles released an album in Britain Capital records would take that album and re-release it in America and leave a few songs off. After a couple of albums they would release a third album with the left over songs to make more money. This pissed the Beatles off. That's why they did the dead babies album cover to protest Capital records doing this. It was their way of saying their albums were being butchered by their label...
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
well if you know so much that is good its not nothing to say your sorry for.....anyway check your pm s...here thanks
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Appaloosa,
hearing the song "I want to hold your hand" will never be the same.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP