Gigs in L.A.

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Robbie

Gigs in L.A.

Post by Robbie »

Hello again, It's Robbie. I've given advice before but never have I given gig info. Well here it is, these are one nighters here in L.A., use them wisely and when in doubt drop my name it will help.

Sunday:
Chocolate Sunday's @ the Laugh Factory
Host Chris Spencer
This is mixed audience, but mostly african american and frequented by lots of celebrities and pro Athletes. So bring the funny and everyone will love ya.

Monday:
Mo' Betta Monday's
Host--Alternates
This is the funnest and the toughest room in L.A., many comic have bombed and been booed off stage. The hecklers run high if you can't bring it. This club has a lot of celebrities and pro athletes that come every monday so be sharp, I'm here every monday.

The Rumba Room @ Universal City Walk
Host---Ernie G.
this is a mostly Latino audience they come to laugh and dance. So do your thang.

The Regency West
Host---Michael Colyar
This is a more mature crowd and they want jokes, no drug humor or sex, the age range is 30 and up. so be sharp and witty.

Tuesday:
The Guy Torry Show
Host--Guy and Joe Torry.
This is a room with mostly a celebrity audience, but come fast with the jokes cause they've been know to boo a comic or two.

Wednsday:
Wild Coyote
Host--Felipe Esparza & Larry Omaha
This is a all latino crowd and they are tough. If you don't hit them in the 1st few minutes you've lost them. so be quick and funny.

Thursday & Friday:
Mixed Nuts Comedy Club & The comedy union
both have 2 shows and feature a all white and all black line up on each show. nice crowds but sometimes the audience is very snooty. so be witty.

Saturday:
Back at the Wild Coyote
and this night is ruffer than weds. so be even quicker.

Good Luck and when your ready I'll send you the paid one nighters.
Robbie Peron making audiences laugh since 1986...Beer making ugly people look attractive since 1786.
smjmcomic

Re: Gigs in L.A.

Post by smjmcomic »

Thanks man thats good looking out

After I recored my demo I will be looking for gigs.
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

Robbie,

THANKS so much for posting all of that info. I live here in NYC but I used to live out West in 97 but I hadn't done stand up yet so if I would've ventured out there to visit friends, I would've had NO idea where to hit a stage and get some stage time in. This post has saved me much time looking myself ;)
I must say though I'm very surprised that the shows on Thursdays and Fridays have an "All White" line up and an "All Black" line up---what's up with that? 8-o
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

SweetLuchia,
Just givin' what I know. There are room I know of in NY, but they are tough rooms as well I'll post those tomorrow.
Good Luck.
Robbie Peron making audiences laugh since 1986...Beer making ugly people look attractive since 1786.
Jim Mendrinos

Post by Jim Mendrinos »

Robbie,

What I love about this list is the fact that it's the comedy nights, and not the comedy rooms. Anyone could find The Comedy Store or The Improv on the web, but you'd have to dig for this stuff. Thanks.

I'll put my thinking cap on and try to do the same for the NYC rooms, but trust me, it's getting way too political out here in terms of stage time, and even gigs.

Jim
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

Robbie,

I agree with Jim the listings you posted here are the tough ones you'd have to search on line and in local LA entertainment newspapers to find. that's what i meant when I said you saved me so much time looking for these myself--now I know right where to go.

Thanks again, the time you took to make that post is much appreciated. ;)
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

Robbie,
thanks so much! i definitely plan on checking these out. as for getting on stage? leave that to the professionals (masochists).