Four Winds Blown

Use this forum to share your poems or lyrics, or just to post thoughts and opinions in verse.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Appaloosa

Four Winds Blown

Post by Appaloosa »

As long as the rivers flow
as long as the sky is blue
as long as the grass shall grow
well, these promised are long gone
scattered to the four winds blown
nothing lasts forever
not even a family stays together

Someday, it will come to be
we will all travel to the great unknown
as it was prophesied
nothing left but sand and bone
nothing lasts forever
not even the churches can unite together

I remember the day there was no blue in the sky
the rivers, ...they stopped a flowin'
I never stopped to ask the reason why
I just covered my tracks, leavin' nothin' showin'
nothing lasts forever
for the nations will not unite together

Circa 1974
Copyright, Appaloosa productions, 2004 All Rights Reserved
Appaloosa

Re: Four Winds Blown

Post by Appaloosa »

astonamous,
thank you......thank you....you are to kind.....but still...I like the writing...an the first thing I tried to do a long time ago was write lyrics.....this never panned out.....but I still have the style....an so I use it...writing what some may call poetry....but to me..I have writings......back then you wrote in time an meter....an some semblence of style........today you can write anything ....anyway you want to.....who's to say what is better.....it can be a song.....true....I see you write a lot too....an that is good...I have read some of your posts an generally they are good.....keep it up....thank you
Appaloosa

Re: Four Winds Blown

Post by Appaloosa »

astonamous,
thank you again......you are very nice....well I have written the piece about 74 so it was a long time ago...In fact my most favorite person was Bob Dylan at the time.....still is..but he inspired this writing cause of the song he did .....Forever Young.....later I seen him on tv interveiwed an he sed that was his favorite song...because it was inspired by his children....he seen them playin one day an just wished they would stay that free an innocent......an forever young....I can say this much...some might say he done this an done that...but how can you knock someone like that....his favorite peice he sang for his children ....inspired by his children...what more could you want....I wrote one peice .....A Rich Man's Blues.....an the gist of that is money can't buy everything an it certainly can't buy that......well you can get the best of the best you have done.....an put them together an give them to your family....for the holidays.......I am sure you will have quite a few.....its a good an proper gift......thanks again