Why McPain/Ailin' In 08?

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Why McPain/Ailin' In 08?

Post by tamra »

rudytuesday,

yeah and look how well deregulation of banking has worked out for us. well it worked out for McCain's friends. @.@

tonight's debate confirmed Palin is a trained robot. she kept campaigning instead of answering questions. and I'm so sick of hearing the same shit over and over: hockey mom, reform government (yeah fucking right, maybe reform the direction the $$ falls as in makes it fall her way more!) and John McCain's a maverick. @.@ we fucking get it already - that's your campaign, you want us to associate those words like fucking lemmings. but we are not stupid, she apparently is.

when asked what her achilles heel was, she just starting reading the same campaigning shit again. "I'm just gonna look after the people, reform government and stop Wall St. corruption".

Palin: do you need a dictionary to look up achilles heel or did ya ban all books with that word too.

man we are fucked if McCain is elected
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
rudytuesday

Post by rudytuesday »

McCain and Bush: Unconcerned with the Needs of Ordinary Americans

By Robert Scheer

Oct 2008

Perhaps John McCain is not a perfect replica of George W. Bush, but the parallels go beyond the senator's enthusiastic support for the toxic mix of Bush's imperial foreign policy and his arrogant indifference to the travails of our domestic existence. Neither man seems to have any sense of how we actually live or what we need from government. How else to explain their common antipathy to Social Security and Medicare, which, after public education, represent the nation's most successful programs? Can you imagine the panic today if McCain and Bush had succeeded in tying Social Security to investments in the stock market? They view government as nothing more than a proud sponsor of the military-industrial complex while ignoring the threat to homeland security from corporate pirates.

Don't say we weren't warned. Bush came into office believing fervently that what was good for Enron and its CEO, Kenneth "Kenny Boy" Lay, Bush's top financial sponsor, was good for the country. So, too, McCain, who chose Phil Gramm as co-chair of his presidential campaign, ignoring the huge loophole in Gramm's Commodity Futures Trading Act, which allowed Enron, where his wife, Wendy Gramm, was on the board of directors, to so shamelessly game the energy market.

Trumpeting the benefits of the legislation he tacked onto an omnibus spending bill the day before the 2000 Christmas recess, then-Sen. Gramm stated: "It protects financial institutions from over-regulation. It provides legal certainty for the $60 billion market in swaps." Those swaps created the toxic investments that U.S. taxpayers are now stuck with as the nation struggles to save those unregulated financial institutions from bankruptcy.

McCain, who should have learned the cost of radical deregulation from his own involvement in the savings and loan scandal as one of the infamous "Keating Five," totally bought Gramm's line. McCain was the chair of Gramm's 1996 presidential bid and up until major Wall Street firms collapsed continued to echo the insistence of the former-Texas-senator-turned-banker that there was no real crisis in the financial markets.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/1022 ... _americans

[img]http://www.barackobama.com/images/widge ... ogo200.gif[/img]
tamra

Post by tamra »

rudytuesday,

WOWWW!!! thanks for posting this. I didn't know about the Wendy Gramm/Enron association.

I guess greedy folks do travel in packs, but however do they share the wealth? :lol:

McCain and Palin are coming up dirtier than a $2.00 whore a week after a gypsy/vagrant ship has docked.8-o
---
rudytuesday

Post by rudytuesday »

McCain Is Just More of the Same As Bush

McCain: "There Was A Recent Study That Showed That I Voted With The President Over 90 Percent Of The Time." During an appearance on FOX's "Your World with Neil Cavuto," McCain said, "The president and I agree on most issues. There was a recent study that showed that I voted with the president over 90 percent of the time, higher than a lot of my even Republican colleagues."

Read more

http://www.justmoreofthesame.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

rudytuesday,

now THIS is comedy :lol:

check out the public comments about Cindy McCain and Bible Spice (Hitler, oops I mean Palin)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... a-bad-rap/ - http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... a-bad-rap/'

I love the if she couldn't run with the big dogs she shouldn't have jumped off the porch, and EIGHT IS TRULY ENOUGH! :lol:
---