Obama's pastor...

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Appaloosa

Re: Obama's pastor...

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
tamra the kool aid comment brought to mind Jim Jones.... now thats some dangerous koolaid.... b.b :lol:
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,
It's sad that people base their faith on idiots like these...and they never miss the chance to get political and voice their hair brained opinions.

but somewhere there's a redneck sitting on his couch watching that video then turning to his wife and saying "there goes the trailer court" ;p

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Murphdogg,

"can someone find me a religious leader who doesn't have hate their mission statement?"...Reverend James L White B-)

Appaloosa,

I still won't drink Kool Aid because of Jim Jones :lol:
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

here Elisabeth dumbass Hasselbeck, shove this up your clueless ass!

[Font size=2 face=a color=Purple]---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM
Subject: FW: So Moved !

Amidst all of the Jeremiah Wright (Obama) campaign rhetoric I will stand up and ask that you take a close look at the paragraph below.

So just know a little about the man and please share this since the "media"has elected not to !!!

Subj: A Veteran

In 1961, a young African-American man, after hearing President John F. Kennedy's
(http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/pol ... 3488.topic - www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/j ... 3488.topic') challenge to, 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country,' gave up his student deferment, left college in Virginia and voluntarily joined the Marines.

In 1963, this man, having completed his two years of service in the Marines, volunteered again to become a Navy corpsman. (They provide medical assistance to the Marines as well as to Navy personnel.)

The man did so well in corpsman school that he was the valedictorian and became a cardiopulmonary technician. Not surprisingly, he was assigned to the Navy's premier medical facility, Bethesda Naval Hospital, as a member of the commander in chief's medical team, and helped care for President Lyndon B. Johnson (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/pol ... 3318.topic - www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/l ... 3318.topic') after his 1966 surgery. For his service on the team, which he left in 1967, the White House (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/pol ... 0110.topic - www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/g ... 0110.topic') awarded him three letters of commendation.

What is even more remarkable is that this man entered the Marines and Navy not many years after the two branches began to become integrated.

While this young man was serving six years on active duty, Vice President Dick Cheney (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/pol ... 7400.topic - www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/g ... 7400.topic'), who was born the same year as the Marine/sailor, received five deferments, four for being an undergraduate and graduate student and one for being a prospective father. Presidents Bill Clinton (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/pol ... 7410.topic - www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/g ... 7410.topic')
and George W. Bush (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/pol ... 0857.topic - www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/g ... 0857.topic') , both five years younger than the African-American youth, used their student deferments to stay in college until 1968. Both then avoided going on active duty through family connections.

Who is the real patriot? The young man who interrupted his studies to serve his country for six years or our three political leaders who beat the system?

Are the patriots the people who actually sacrifice something or those who merely talk about their love of the country?

After leaving the service of his country, the young African-American finished his final year of college, entered the seminary, was ordained as a minister, and eventually became pastor of a large church in one of America's biggest cities.

This man is Rev. Jeremiah Wright (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/rel ... 0309.topic - www.chicagotribune.com/topic/religion-b ... 0309.topic'), the retiring pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ, who has been in the news for comments he made over the last three decades.

Since these comments became public we have heard criticisms, condemnations, denouncements and rejections of his comments and him.

We've seen on television, in a seemingly endless loop, sound bites of a select few of Rev. Wright's many sermons.

Some of the Wright's comments are inexcusable and inappropriate and should be condemned, but in calling him 'unpatriotic,' let us not forget that this is a man who gave up six of the most productive years of his life to serve his country.

How many of Wright' s detractors, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly to name but a few, volunteered for service, and did so under the often tumultuous circumstances of a newly integrated armed forces and a society in the midst of a civil rights struggle? Not many.

While words do count, so do actions.

Let us not forget that, for whatever Rev. Wright may have said over the last 30 years, he has demonstrated his patriotism.

Lawrence Korb and Ian Moss are, respectively, Navy and Marine Corps veterans. They work at The Center For American Progress. Korb served as assistant secretary of Defense in the Reagan administration.

and let's not forget dumbass Hasselbeck continually calls Wright a racist while she sits on the same side as Limbaugh, Coulter, Cunningham, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, Jesse Helms, etc., you know all the folks who corrupted the once decent party!
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
I actually saw part of the interview when he was on the View, why the hell was Whoopi not talking?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

two reasons:

because dumbass Elisabeth wouldn't let anyone get a word in. even today dumbass Elisabeth kept bringing up the Obama pastor thing, claiming guilt by association but she don't see nothing wrong with Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Billy Cunningham, Bill O'Reilly, Trent Lott, Pat Robertson and other similar jackasses advising the republican party. @.@

and the other reason is I wasn't there to slap some sense into Elisabeth! but I hope she keeps talking, she'll sail Obama right into office by reminding us of what the new republican party now stands for: hypocrisy and ignorance
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
lord now they are on obama for his comments about guns and necks and religion.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

well, the patriotic republicans - you know, the ones who've bankrupted this country, destroyed it's infrastructure and live by the do as I say while I do what I want - well their plan IS to run the Obama pastor comments over and over if Obama wins the Democratic nomination.

that alone should send the other side running to vote Democratic if that's all they got. because if you think I care about a pastor's brief comments more than China, the cost of gas and poverty, then the REDs (really expensive dunces) are on as much crack as Sen. Larry Craig and dumbfuck Elisabeth Hasselback. @.@

and if anyone is stupid enough to be swayed by the sound bite only to vote in another Cheney-war admin, I have no sympathy, they'll have 4 years to get what they deserve!
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/04252008/watch.html - Pastor interview on Bill Moyers'
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

the more this guy talks, the more I'm thinking Obama/Wright 08. because he will stay on Obama's ass if we are going in the wrong direction.

but of course, being a reverend, he will need a pimped out gold plated Rolls Royce so he can drive to The Lord in style. :) but I will have an issue with this if it ain't a water fuel based Rolls!
---